My Wolf!

WolfSlayer

I just found out about this site and i already really like it! I was stitting against a bale in are hayfeild deer hunting nothing that peeked my interest so they finnaly got done eating and went over the hill in to the bush. So took out the primos lil dog and kiyi to see if i could get the wolf i heard howl the night before or a coyote. So i did and coyote interigation howl then some cottaintail distress on and off. I did all of this for about 20mins then i decided to leave so as i was walking across the feild i seen a little 3x3 buck ran hard a bout 150 yards away full tilt in the trees.So i thought mite be a big buck on the other side of the hill so right as i looked up here is a wolf so i unfliped my bipod and got prone and cranked my scope to 9 power. He turned to trot away so i howled with my mouth then he turned and faced me so i quickly thought about bullet drop but the cross hairs top of his chest and squeezed the trigger. He drop instantly and i got up and i seen him trying to get up when i stood up but i couldnt see him when i was laying down cuz he went over the hill abit so i let a free hand shot go at about 225-250yards with every thing that happened my heart was racing and i missed em clean lol So i sprinted up their and he was about done but he was kiyi'n like a puppy with his foot steped on so i gave him another. I shot him with a remington model 700 bdl 25-06 with a bushnell 3-9x40 on it. I was shooting 120 remington core-lokts.(i now shot 117 light magnums hornadys cause their flatter) [image]
713o75d.jpg
[/image]

Veryy Cool. Congrats and welcome to PM. Someday I will get a chance at one till then keep the stories comming.

he only weigh a bout 90 lbvs probley a year and a half old i seen 4 more the other day and one was a huge black! Now i got a bait not far from there (2dead cows). They hit it the other day and the neighbow seen 1 wolf and 2 coyotes on the dge of the feild that it isnt far from. The only probley its been minus 40!! well actually minus 44 today! so i let my dad take a turn hunting it plus he hasnt got a wolf yet.

Back