Monday off

Ever have one of those days?
Monday 403 am- start car run back into the house to get ready.

415 haul gear out of the basement to the garage.
420 make trip back into the house to get extra gloves.
423 head out the driveway to see the neighbors car window down- FUNNY it's-18 and the window is down>>> get out to investigate and see glass all over the ground.
Look into the car and guess what someone is still in the car!
426 call PD- they are there in less than 2 min (copshop is 1 mile away).
they approach with the lights off and I am standing there with my streamlight shining on the person-(read he's BLIND NOW!).
431 the pd inform me he's drunk and thought he was in his own car..said he walked from the bar strange thhe closes bar is over 10 miles away! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
445 re start to leave the driveway and head out to my spots.
534 arive at my hotspot- 600 acres of rolling farm land with county land behind.
This spot surrounds the lower 2/3 of the state land and I am the only one who has permission to be on it in the winter.
555 settled in and start to call with male challange 2x wait for 2 min no call back.
602 start the caller with young rabbit distress.
AT 615 I can see 2 yotes bugging out at warp speed 8--- what the F---???? well it seems one of the local yokels decided to take a "short cut" to check his traps in the county land.
I get up and ask him who he was and he 'bout crapped his pants- he walked less than 7 yards from me and had not noticed me sitting in the fencerow.
He starts saying he's sorry and heads back out to his truck.
I stopped him and told him that the farmer would not like it if he knew he was on his land when he did not give permission to him, he begged me not to say anything and I told him to just go check his traps but dont come back this way next time. Stand 1 shot.
645 at stand #2-2 miles away get out and find fresh blood in the snow- Fresh snow also falling.
walk 1/2 mile along the property line and there is one of the neighbors dogs shot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I know this dog, family friends for 30+ years and the dog NEVER and I mean NEVER leaves the yard.
I called the family and spoke with the dad- he came out and we took the dog to the vet 26 miles away but the vet had to put her down.
We went back to the farm and started to look for any signs of what happened and found footprints in the feild behind the barn- someone had started to strip the copper wire off of the corn dryers and the dog must have come around the back side and they shot her with a 22.
the Local Sherrif is investagating this and we have someone to look into as the neighbors kids have gotten into trouble last summer stealing wire from farms close by.
More to the story later time to work.

After the dog and wire trick I decided to just head home and call it a day it was close to noon by now.
Got to the car and guess what? flat tire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif change the tire and start home when I got a phone call from the farmer- the sherriff called and said they had the person in custidy that shot the dog but would not give out the name-they are doing an investigation on a copper stealing ring- I quess they have hit over 15 farms in the area in the last few weeks and they beleive that there is at least 6 more people involved.
SO maybe we should start hunting wire thieves-- think they would let us use night vision scopes for that?????

Back