2nd Annual LBL hunt

Don't worry Roundman, we'll see who shows up and get you hooked up.

Sorry Chet I didn't make it today. That dirty four letter word called work is in the way today and tommorrow. But I is loose for the weekend!

Yeehawwww!

btw, did Plumbrich get a dog or did he just add a few more pieces to this big jigsaw puzzle? Jimmie

Jimmie,
I've been trying to get in touch with Rich via Nextel but reception is spotty on LBL. When I talked to him he had just popped a nice one about ten minutes before. The bad thing is it got back up before he could get his contender reloaded so I don't know if he found it. He was going to set a few minutes and go search.
I was just wondering if you had talked to him.

EDIT:
Jimmie,
Check out the bottom of page 6. Waynep's online report from LBL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif He posted about the same time you did and the page rolled over, we just missed it. FUR DOWN! YEEE HAW!!
It looks like you guys are going to have some good hunting! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chet

I hope this stupid ice storm holds off for awhile...1" of ice and 2-3" of snow will make it for a crazy drive down......

I hate to say it but, I'm not going to be able to make it this year. There is an illness in the family and I don't feel that I should be away from home right now. Maybe next year. Well guys kill at least one dog for me.

So, Waynep is on site and acting as PM's own "embedded correspondent" to the 2004 LBL Yote War. I'm loving it!

Waynep, are you the same Wayne who made the great chili last year? I have a bud coming with me this year and I've assured him we can throw a few bucks in the pot and eat some good, hot chili at least Friday night and maybe Saturday as well. Can you verify that for me?

As for Plumrich's success, it all depends on how you interpret the stats. Five dogs spotted on six setups is hot as a firecracker. :eek: But connecting on 1 for 5 sounds more like the UK Wildcats' freethrow shooting against Florida the other night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Seriously, encourage those guys to mark sightings and shootings on their maps, cause I'd like to try to pull all that data together when I get down there Friday night.

I know you've had rain today. Can you tell us how bad the back roads are thus far?

Someone from LBL called and left a message today. They said that all the horse trails would be closed and that if I wanted a refund for the cabin to call them. They also said that if I was coming to coyote hunt that it wouldn't effect me at all.

Just wanted to let everyone know just incase someone was planning on bringing their horse down.

This morning around midnight or so we had about about 2 to 4 inches of snow in some spots. Then around 3 am it started raining and as of 6:30 pm it is still raining. Some of those back roads at LBL will be tough to get around on....even in a 4 wheel drive.

Hmmm, no horses and roads too slick and muddy for 4WDs. Sounds like "shank's mare" is gonna get a good workout this weekend, fellas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

hi there, i'm mrs. waynep. someone wanted to know if he is the "chili man". Yes he is! made a big batch and froze it for him to take up. haven't heard from him today. when i hear from him i'll post today's report. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

direct from the LBL. embedded reporter:
roads are fine, just wet. horse warning for horse trails only. has snow but it's gone. rained most of the day. too lazy to hunt in the rain. heard lots of dogs. weather is improving. critter, waynep, plumbrich, plumbhelp, keekee and dad all here. had a great time this p.m. looking forward to in the morning. nikonut and katybug just arrived. chili will be hot same as last year. see ya'll soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm leaving for LBL in a few hours. I'll see you guys there.

My dad, brother and others all backed out. Its just myself, my hunting buddy and a non-hunting friend going.

See you guys then.

Back