2nd Annual LBL hunt

Just a few more days feller's!!! Hopefully the weather clears up some by then this ice we had yesterday made for awful driving weather. And i definatly dont want to drive on some of those bridges when there is ice on them!!!!

Drive????? If its like it is here, just trying to stand is a chore. Thank goodness its getting out of here. The ice had everything here shut down for 2 days.

I tell ya what im so old my legs just dont wanna move to get up outta bed at 530 in the morning ah heck they dont want to move when i sleep till noon lol Na critr i just want to live to be old one day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif !!!! and im lazy too. Well from looking at weather.com it shows that it should be about 40 degrees and sunny for friday but thats 10 days away and the weather channel is never right lol

You better hope it's right. It was 66 degrees here sunday. 71 at Hoptown. The high here yesterday was a balmy 35 and right now it's 19 degrees and my fanny is about to stick to this chair :eek: The only thing stopping me next week is a foot of snow then I shall have to contemplate this addiction of mine quite severely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Jimmie

Wow!! A foot of snow!! Wouldn't that be awsome for tracking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

We got about 5 inches here last night!!! the most we have had all year. The roads around here get awful. I just hope that if we get anymore it wont be to much, Im looking forward to go and BIGGUN is driving this year and im not sure if i want to put my life in his hands or not!!!

Snow kills my chances of making it.The better half works a odd shift and if we get snow I will have to take her.I havent worked since April so someone has to.
Plinker

Lawhorn don't make fun of my driving. I might make you ride on the roof!!! Boy you never know what the weather brings. We only got about half an inch here and you got 5 inches. WOW! Better get out your ruler. LOL.

personaly I can do without the snow. Ten day forecast say's there is none in the picture for that weekend. Of course that is subject to change but right now it looks perfect to me.Jimmie

Yeah, I thought the snow was great last year because of all the tracks we saw. But in retrospect I think it just encouraged most of us to hunt "where they'd been" instead of "where they are now." At least that's what my mentor, Jimmie the Yote Slayer, tells me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Then there was the swirling wind thing as well, but I'm beginning to think it was mostly that we were just in the wrong spots.

Well guys, I hope everyone has a great time. I'm pretty sure I won't make it again. I will most likely be in Nashville next weekend dealing with some family issues. I'll just have to see what happens next year...

Time is getting short here. How is the long range forecast down there? Come on guys lets stay on top of this...this is going to be lots of fun. Can't wait to meet everyone. We'll be in cabin 4A just down from the "Meeting Cabin"(2A). See Ya There! Nikonut and KTBug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Its looking pretty good with just a little bit of snow on saturday. thats what weather.com says but the weather channel says rain and snow friday and saturday, so no one really knows but all we can do is hope for the best

Local weather station says it will be in thursday and out by friday afternoon.It may be rain or snow. Just depends on where the main part of the system goes.South over memphis and it's snow. Over the top of me and it's rain. We'll just have to wait and see.Temps are supposed to be more normal over the weekend though , thank goodness!And with that small a spread in temps winds shouldn't be bad . Jimmie

Well, doesn't matter I'll be dressed for the party! KTBug and I are hoping to head out late Thursday night or very early Friday morning and should be there before noon or so, depending on the weather. Won't be taking any chances but hope to scout and maybe hunt a little Friday afternoon.

Who all is planning to be there Friday?

Jimmie,
What cabin will you have? Would like to get together and get things going as early as possible. Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Me keekee and biggun will be there thursday probably around noon or so. were leaving here at 5 am and it took about 6 hours last year. gonna scout and go to the range on thursday to make sure our guns are still on. see ya'll there

A2 is where we will meet friday. I plan on being htere around four. I hope weather co-operates and you fellows can hear a few howls that thursday afternoon. Be sure you mark the locations on your road and zone maps. Just get close they don't have to be perfect.Jimmie

Back