2nd Annual LBL hunt

Gino You have MAIL!!! it has all the info you should need if you have anyother questions just look back through this post and you can find everything there. just be prepaired to hunt some smart dogs!!!

Hey guys,

Just one more month to go before the LBL hunt! I can't wait to get down there and chase some of those "Ghost" coyotes.
Rumor has it that some of th'm thar'Kentucky-Tennessee dogs have shorter legs on one side from walking the "Ridges"? Hey I think maybe it's from Jimmie's precision shooting! Jimmie and the guys have been out spoting the travel lanes, so we should be able to find them(if they'll share)hehe.

SeeYa'll there! Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I plan on sharing all the info I can. I'd like to see some of these dogs go down this year. Guess what the latest is?? A nice big black one using zone 9 for home base. It's been seen there two years in a row. I didn't think I'd ever get any info out of that guy. He's afraid someone would over hear and find his deer hunting holes. He usually takes a good buck every year but hasn't gotten it this time. Jimmie

It's a bit funny really. He wouldn't talk in front of the other guy's except to say he had hunted fourteen days in december and had not seen a single deer. But he had seen coyote's frequently from the stand.He also made the statement that zone 7 had one of hte higher populations as well as 9. I'm just liable to go check that out tommorow. Jimmie

i might go. anybody need a hunting partner? im very new to this, so dont count on any good advice from me, would be a learning exprience for me. also any one looking for a room mate?? sounds like a great time. just called wranglers they have 3 large cabins left (sleep 8) for 49 dollars a night. i'll have to ck the vacation board at work tonight and make sure no one is off. but i would getting down there on the 5th of feb. if i make my mind up for sure to go. thanks bill

Well guys looks like from the name badge page about 23 of us going. cant wait!!! lets just all keep our fingers crossed and hope the weather doesnt turn bad. see yall there

Well, Jimmie, I'm starting my diet today. I may fall off the wagon, but I'd like to lose at least 10 before the hunt. I've been reading your posts and seeing refrences to longer hikes this year, so I figured I'd better get off the Twinkies and onto the Lean Cuisine. I do understand why seals and walruses are so fat, though, cause being fat definitely helps you put up with the cold.

Mike

I realy need to get a topo map so i can see where all these zones are.lol The map at the lbl web just shows the land but no zones

Hah! Then KF you definately wouldn't want to hunt with Bob, he's in better shape than I am.He had to slow down for me a time or two!!

Good thing I sent the e-mails before I came in here ain't it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I saw some country today where you wouldn't want to trip and fall or shoot a coyote on one of the sidehills. It' a long way to the bottom in there. Went all the way from Colson hollow to Redd hollow via ridge top. I stood a hundred or so feet above the road before I could see the darned thing.I could have easily pitched a rock to the middle of the road without trying to hard. I also know why that secretive fellow from work doesn't want to talk to much about where he goes either. Some large deer still in there.Jimmie

BTW, Drago, the zone and road maps are available by snail mail if you wish or you can wait until you get there to pick one up at the Golden Pond visitors center. Just get in contact with http://www.lbl.org

Did some one say black coyote? What zone was that in, cause I definately don't want to hunt that one. All I want is a tan colored one. Only a month to go, can't wait.

Ronnie

Hey Centerfire,

Not sure what you're actually looking for but lots of our coyotes are tan, comes from laying around in the sun drinking pina colades...just wondering, do any of your coyotes out there glow in the dark? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

See ya at the LBL hunt! Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

They don't glow in the dark but they do have this dark tint to them.
fa264f9a.jpg

fa6029da.jpg

I have called in these two and one more this color in the last month. I am ready for a normal looking coyote.

Wow!

I want one of those! Has the face of a wolf...now how could that be? SeeYa there and good luck getting a couple more. Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Nikonut come on down to SC. I know where 2 more that color are, though one of them is highly educated right now. But I bet I get him before the season is out.

I wouldnt mind to get a black one. i cant believe you want a normal one centerfire!!! most of us would do anything for a black one. They better watch out at the lbl tan, black, white, blonde or glow in the dark i dont care!!! If they walk in front of me they better hope there wearing a bullet proof vest because the lead will start to FLY.
Cant wait to see yall there.

Contact them at teh website through e-mail with your name and address. Tell them what you need along with the info and it should arrive in a week. You need the road and huntiing zone map and if you want a topo for the north section they will cost you ten dollars each.Or send a letter to the address they give for Golden pond along with the ten for the topo map and expect it's arrival soon. Jimmie

Back