2nd Annual LBL hunt

Thanks Chet, I apreciate those kind words.I wish you and Bopeye were coming this time. I will miss the banter and good humor. I would love to hear from James .

If you will remember some of our e-mail discussions we talked about possible population numbers. How they could have increased exponentially since the survey. From what work I've done up there this year they have. So far some areas are showing numbers matching many western states. Problem is , if we have weather like last year these areas may be inacsessable. I do mean rough! I was planning on going up ther again today but winds are gusting to 25 miles an hour and getting them to talk will be unlikely much less getting a call heard. We both know calling downwind up there may not be to wise.Hopefully I can get back up there in the next few days weather permitting. Jimmie

Howdy folks,
I haven't had much time to get on here lately, but saw where you are getting another hunt up. I sure wish I could go, but I haven't got to go at all this year.
We are right in the middle of a huge factory expansion and my duties just don't give me any free time and what time I do get I am spending with my little ones.
I wish I could be there, because I truly enjoyed hunting with you bunch of yahoooo's!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I wish you all the best of luck and shoot me an e-mail just to say hi. I'd love to hear how your season is going.
I'm all the time getting e-mails from people asking if I know anyone in Illinois or Indiana or Kentucky etc. that hunts coyotes. To those of you that I have hunted with from all over the country, please e-mail me and let me know how you would like to be contacted. I could put you on a ton of untapped coyote hunting areas.
Good to see a bunch of you are still kicking.
Give me a holler and Merry Christmas to all.
Your friend in sport,
James Holbrook
jrtholbrook@multipro.com
Chet give me a holler when you read this. Your e-mail address keeps coming back as undeliverable. :rolleyes:

working hard my my foot you are out perfecting your bobcat lipsqueak we know what you are up to. lol shame you cant make it we will miss the comedic duo i guess someone will just have to step up and fill in for you laurel and hardy impersonators. sure will miss you maybe next time. waynep

So far I count 24 head plus a maybe from Stu. A little bit bigger guys! C'mon fellows ,I figure theres a coyote for about every .8 of a mile. Plenty to go around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Jimmie

Acording to this e-mail I got this afternoon we'll be meeting at cabin a2 on Friday night.That's straight down from the welcome station there at Wranglers. I think it's the same one we used last year. Be there with bells on or not just be there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Jimmie

Be sure that everyone replys to critr's post about the name tag deal...it will help us figure out who is who. cant wait to see you all there.

Everybody going to the LBL hunt needs to go to Critr's post on "LBL Badges" in the Hunting in the East forum. We're trying to make buttons for everyone. This is history in the making so don't just wait for it to happen, participate!!

Not sure if this link will work but here goes: "LBL Name Badges 2004"

Hope to see you there! Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

A friend told me about this sight.And after visiting for a few days.It seems that i have been missing out.It is good to see people getting together like this. Someone correct if im wrong. I take it that anyone is welcome to attend this get together. If thats the case it would be nice to meet and make new friends. I took a nephew hunting at LBL two years ago and these guys are right the coyotes are there

jimmie in ky
have you been around the sugar bay area i think that is area #5.that is where i saw all the sign
and heard the most activity the last time i was there. they came right into camp at night
Plinker

Any maps available online? Hows about some info on the area? Bigguns has shared a little but i need some more juice on the area. Whats the terrain like? Rocky? Hilly? Flat? Half woodded,half field? Thanks! I need to get a battle plan together. jerryboy

Jerry,

There is just about anything you want to hunt there, fields, creak bottoms, woods, thickets, lake points,cut crop fields, hills, hollows. You name it! Lots of accsess roads. The wind sucks!!! Never blows the same. Lots and lots of coyotes! You can pick up a map at the welcome center, or try this link.

http://www.lbl.org

Or if you want to shoot me an e-mail or call I would be glad to answer any questions for you and I have a map here at home.

Kee

LBL guys,

Have any of you guys tried a decoy/tolling dog?
By the time you get there the coyotes should be marking their territory.I've read about it here and there,and first saw it on a TV hunting show.I think the guys were in Wyoming and shot 3 coyotes using a dog to tease them back to the gun.On the last coyote the hunter walked out and waved his arms at the coyote,it payed little attention to him.

Anyway sounds like a good curveball for some tuff coyotes.From what I understand you can get fully camo'ed and just let old bowser hang around you. The coyotes get so locked in on the dog they forget all the things that keep them alive.
I want to get a dog anyway,so I plan on trying it someday.I'm wanting an australian sheperd.

Well good luck >>ME

OK fellas,

Critr has posted the finalized design for the LBL badge on the "Name Badge for LBL" post.

Get on over there and give us your info! LBL Name Badges There is quite a bit of work involved so post early so Critr can get these buttons made up ahead of time.

I think anyone attending will want one and it will help all of us know who we're talking to!

A special thanks to Critr for all his work...see ya there, Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I might add that you all done a great job on the badges!!!! I like them!! Job well done! Thanks for all the time you guys put into them.

Kee

Someone fill me in on everything. I need to know specific dates, times, how much money, licenses I'll need, etc. I have a few days to burn at work plus a little money to blow :rolleyes:

I got the ok from the one who's really in charge (my wife of course) and I'm excited about this. Two fellows from work went down to KY in the fall for deer and heard or saw coyotes every day. I don't know exactly where they were in KY but it already sounds better than up here in PA.

Thanks for any information. If someone wishes to email me it's glundy@ultraisp.com . You don't even have to look in my profile.

Back