2nd Annual LBL hunt

December and january are for small game fox and bobcat as well as the continuance of archery deer hunting. Coyote's are considered an incidental. During these seasons your only allowed shotgun or rimfire. I hate these regs but the deer hunters still have more clout than coyote hunters. It was tried for one year and deer hunters complained enough that things returned to the way they had been but coyote centerfire was added at the tail end of the hunting seasons in febuary.

Febuary is centerfire coyote season in the LBL. Anything goes at that time , unless you have a howitzer.This is the main reason we hold the hunt so late in the year.

I did voice my opinions to Steve Bloemer in yesterdays e-mail. With that many dogs running around up there it would be a shame to call in a double and not have enough gun to handle them both. Jimmie

I totally agree Jimmy I mean they have a bobcat season its hard enough to call them into rifle range but shot gun or a rim fire is rediculous...The deer hunters have all year from the first part of september if they havent killed on by now they should give it up!!!! Let us have our turn in the woods. Its just as stupid as the ohio laws not being able to use a centerfire on public land. oh well there isnt much we can do about it I just had to complain about that like i do everything else lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hey fellas,

Just reserved cabin A4 for the hunt. Guess it's up by the entrance. Might need to upgrade to a bigger cabin if the rest of the "ILLINOIS BOYS" come,too. By the way, there are only 6 more cabins available...better get moving if you're wanting to sleep inside! Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Man from the way your talking Jimmie sounds like you might have to use the old turkey hunting trick. Send one man out in front of the caller a couple of hundred yards. Then they may not be quit as much on their toes, thinking the rabbit is still two hundred yards away. Just a though, it works for turkeys but then they don't have a nose.

Ronnie

Nikonut,

I just relaized where you are from. I'm in Decatur on everyother weekend. I hunt around the Tuscola area on occation. Do you have a partner for the LBL hunt? Drop me a line and we can chat.

I did a Mapquest search and that would be about a 7 hour drive for me. Ouch! I wonder how much out of state license would cost me to hunt there?

I think I read on a post that centerfires are legal at that date?

Thanks
Troy

hello everyone i just found this sight a couple of nights ago and this topic tonight i have read them all i understand this hunt is at land between the lakes feb 6-8. how do i register what is the entry fee if any is it a day and night hunt or day only is it hand calls or any type goes have never been to any kind of hunt like this thought they were all out west would appreciate any reply to this thanks gary decker

No registration fees needed. This is just a get together for those of us who can't afford to or have the time to travel to the hunt in Globe. Hunting is during daylight hours only, both states and the LBL prohibit night hunting.You can find any other info you need at http://www.lbl.org

Liscence fees are somewhere around fifty to sixty dollars in round numbers for five day small game liscence and the LBL hunter use permit.
If you need anything else just holler hope to meet you there Jimmie

Looks like we are gonna have an even better turn out this year then last!!!!! Those yotes better watch out this year lol if all else fails we got enough of us we could just drive them out like deer lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif seriously though cant wait to see you all there. Later

yes sir this baby is shaping up. anybody want chili friday night im up to it if anybody wants it. i will tone down the heat a little bit if tere are people coming with sensitive tastebuds. i can always use the leftovers for songdog chum. looking forward to seeing yall there its an 8hour drive for me but a lot closer than globe. if i could make both i would but life is full of choices besides eastern hunters are so much better at lying it makes social hour so much more fun.

I'll throw my hat in as a "maybe", possibly with one other hunter tagging along. Too soon to say for sure. It's about an 8 hr drive for me, too. The drive isn't a real big deal, just whether I'll be able to make it then or not. I'd sure like to. 3 days of chasing yotes & meeting some PM members sounds like just the therapy this ole boy could stand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Man wayne its a 8 hour drive for you? I am 2 hours the other side of you...whew it is going to be a long ride. How far is it from Nashville? Cause I can make the I-24, I-65 (I think that is the road number) split in 7 hours. Though this time I will be going through Knoxville, so I don't know how long it will take.

Ronnie

have most of you guys been to a calling contest like this before i haven't all my calling has been done with my brother here around home do you divide into teams of 2 or what are some of the other rules or guidelines we use closed metal reed mouth calls never had much luck with electronic accept on grey fox not many of those around here anymore

The only rules are that you comply with state game laws in whichever state you choose to hunt.And the laws of the LBL. We basically hunt with our partners just as you do at home. This is just a meeting of the minds so to speak. A chance to enjoy the outdoors and meet with like minded individuals that enjoy this sport. It's a place where you can have your chance to talk with some really great guys about all aspects of the calling game face to face. And maybe even get lucky enough to take one of those elusive LBL song dogs. Jimmie

Like Jimmie said,
This is basically a coyote hunt open to all members of Predator Masters. If you would like to attend there is no entry fee, pay back or prize money. It is not a calling contest, just a friendly combination get together and hunt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

A little history for new members…. A couple of years ago Bopeye (James Holbrook, my calling partner) came up with the idea of having an informal coyote hunt. After several months of on board discussion and planning, interest from PM members escalated. As a group, we felt a large, fairly accessible area along with a sizeable coyote population was needed. James and I did not have access to any sizeable property in our local area. Land Between the Lakes, situated in both Ky and Tn, was suggested. It sounded like just what we were looking for. It would be a little harder for James and I to do much on site, for us just to get to LBL it’s about a 4 hour drive. This is where Jimmie in Ky stepped up to bat. He volunteered his time and services. So we then had both Ky and Tn covered. Never having been to LBL, Bopeye and I made two road trips to LBL to check out the area. On our first trip there we arranged a meeting with Jimmie in Ky, our fellow LBL connoisseur and hunt coordinator. Together we scouted the property and discussed plans on how the LBL hunt could be conducted. Having ran out of time on our first go around, a few weeks later we made our second trip to check available motels and restaurants for the Tennessee hunters. After our first meeting, Jimmie and I continued our correspondence with officials at LBL via telephone and emails. At the time, we did not know if we would have 5 or 50 members attending or in which state they would choose to hunt. After all was said and done, on a bitter cold and snowy weekend in February 2003, we had our hunt. Attendance was good, over twenty members from several states. Although there was not a lot of fur put on the ground, I feel we all had a good time, gained a little knowledge of the area and it’s coyote population. I learned the LBL can be a challenge for both advanced and novice hunters alike. To my regret, it looks like I will not be able to attend again this year but I must say for any planning on being there this year be forewarned... Wayne P makes a mean pot of chili. :eek: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Without the determination and help of our members here the LBL hunt would never be.

I would also like to take the time to personally thank Jimmie in Ky for his hard work last year and putting forth the effort to make it happen again this year… my hats off to you my friend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And to everyone... Good hunting,
coyotehunter_1

Jerry don't worry about it. I won't let you miss it. You just better show up with your game face on cause these yotes are smart. What kind of snacks do you guys like. My wife is the director of food service and does the ordering for the hospital she works in and she can order us stuff for cheap. I was going to bring everyone some snacks for the chili cookout but I need to know what to bring.

Now it sounds like there going to be some Indiana boys down there...So howed you talk the Jerry in comeing.lol I plan on being there....As long as i dont have any crazy stuff come up......And as of snakes let your mind run wild.....

Back