2nd Annual LBL hunt

Where can I find maps and info on hunting the lbl? Is Tennessee or Kentucky best to hunt? What weapons can be used? This sounds like a lot of fun, so any details would be appreciated. Shane

the lbl information center has excellent topos and all the acess roads are well marked if you have never been there you will definitly need a map. this place is one of the most beautiful places i have ever hunted. i will be at wranglers campground again its located inside the park and has small cabins with public restrooms and showers you just have to put up with the smell of horses. the staff there are very pleasant and helpful.see you there

i just reserved my cabin b-16 which in the very back of the campground. the number to call for reservations is 270 924 2000. 29 bucks a night this is the smallest and has one set of bunkbeds and one full size bed. very small but comfortable for one or two people.

Well if everyone wants I can bring my laptop and a printer with me. I have Topo USA 4.0 and I would be able to print topo maps out on the fly.

Let me know if this would help.

I met you guys at Wrangler last year but I didn't get to see much of the cabins. Do they have fireplaces or electric heat? My almost 60 year old father is going to come with me this year and I need someplace marginally comfortable for him.

KY-23

The cabins are nice and you cant beat the price on them but all they have is elc heat, if you stay in a cabin bring your own heater. They will give you a little elc heater but its not much. We take our own heater. You will also need a camp stove and a coffee pot if you drink coffee.

They are nice cabins though. Thats were we will stay again this year. We will see how many are going to stay in the camp ground and have a big deer back strap dinner Sat night? I got more deer meat than I know what to do with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

yeah wayne you beat me to youre cabin!! we took cabin b10. Called right after you did from what the guy told me. Cabin 22 is what we had last year its a little down from the bath house and its in the back just down wind of wayne and his chilli.

Personally I think I'm going to take a few notes from GC and my bowhunting buddies at work. I'm going to work those ridge line logging roads .Hopefully it will get me above those fickle winds and allow me to look over the thick stuff from the saddles.Last year I did everything but run those lake points.Jimmie

And the count down begins guys...Just 63 more days lol....cant ya tell im excited about it...I have order so many calls the past couple of days at least one has to work this year lol....i think i probably have enough hand calls now to blow a differnt one at each stand we will make and still have some i dont use lol...next check i will have to call and get a cabin befor they are all gone lol...to bad you cant shoot cats in febuary that place is eat up with them...oh well i guess cyotes will just have to do. See ya all there!!!!!!!!!

So how do they do the hunt is it just go were you want or go within these boundries do you have a guide or are you on your own.....

Last year we just paired up for hunts. We can always make sure you have someone to hunt with. There were several of us last year that volunteered to take others out. Or you can pick up a map and head out on your own. Lots of land and lots of coyotes. I got a map from last year that has areas marked that have lots of coyote sign and also areas that I hunted and I will be happy to share with anyone who would like the info.

I also have the map of the population survey. The entire area is marked out in zones with easy access to most areas a man would want to hunt.

We will meet friday night to introduce ourselves and discuss hunt areas so we won't trip over one another. A man can spend a whole weekend working some zones. If you don't have a partner we'll try to hook you up with one with a bit more experience. You are free to hunt whichever state you have a liscence for within the LBL. Jimmie

Me and lawhorn and biggun will be traveling down togeather, I am going to try to get down there on thursday and hunt three days.( Fri, Sat, Sun) I would be happy to take anyone out that wants to go, and I know some of the others will to. I will try to make some copys of the map I have to give out also. I think I got the same map as jimmie. I have a nother map a friend of mine just brought me the other day, he was down there doing some deer hunting and just thought I might use some Info on the coyotes, so he talked with one of the people there and they marked some areas on the map that they had alot of sightings and also marked were he had found lots of sign while deer hunting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

this place is ten miles wide and forty miles long with no human habitation in between. only hunters this time of year and not many at that. the maps that you can buy are very excellant topos. if you want wide open hunting with a very challenging quarry in the east then you need to make it to the lbl in tenn/ken area i have offered to pay 200 dollars to pm for any two man team that can bring in two songdogs in one day and an additional $100 per sdog per winning team per day, so if you think you are a hotdog sdog hunter come on down to the lbl and prove it!

Back