Red Lens on spotlight ? ? ?

parkerbows

is it necessary to have a red lens on your spotlight. I bought 2 rechargeable lights. one is in truck on charge at all times. i have read that a red lens is not needed . What are your thoughts ? ? Thanks

In my experience, the use of red lens will result in far less spooked canines, both as they approach and at the time of the shot.

Here in Texas we hunt from the truck at night and a red lens means the difference between dead predators and educated predators. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

You most likely heard it from someone who doesn't call predators at night.I know guys who ride around spotting at nite,and they believe they can use the white light [no red lense]and call in,and kill a lot of predators...Boy are they full of beans!!...Listen to the Doe-Doe's and you surely will give predator hunting up!!

I use a Lightforce ENFORCER STRIKER 170. No red len. With it I cast the light so the halo lights the field. When I see eyes and my partner is ready I swing down and hit them full light. It lights up the target and they have that deer in the headlight look to them. I keep the light moving slow and easy till ready to shoot. Hard to mistake your target too!

Highwaystar

Back