Cougar Calling Tutorial + E-Sounds!

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
Hey guys! I've been spending quite a bit of time lately tuning reeds to do my favorite mountain lion vocalization. I finally got it figured out!

What I decided to do with it initially is build a CD package for calling Mountain Lion. I got it done today, and I'm ready to put it up on the block here.

It starts with an 8.5 minute tutorial on using this particular vocalization, along with a couple related calling stories, sound samples, a mouth-made sample of it, and real life examples of how lions respond to it. (It also includes a little bonus sample sound I've heard from the mouth of a wild Cougar during one of the stories!)

Then, It also includes 3 different 1 minute MP3 sound files that you can either practice against, or load onto your e-caller and use.

This package is based on the most effective Cougar Call I've found. I've been calling and researching Cougars for over 3 years. Very focused, aggressive research. I've talked to many experts, dozens of sucessful lion callers, I've read everything printed on Lions, (sporting, behavioral, and biological) ...hours and hours and HOURS of reading books, journals, magazines, and all over the internet. I've also interacted with them in the wild on several occasions now.

This sound WORKS!

I can send you a copy of the CD with the 4 data files on it for $10 delivered.

If you're interested in a hand call that reproduces this Lion Vocal, I can put together a basic wood call for $30 delivered.

Both for $35.

(If you'd like it in a fancier call, let me know, we'll work something out!)

Please PM if you're interested.

Thanks Guys!

I'm very intersted. Money is tight right now after Christmas but I will get some extra cash toghether and get it to you. I have an FX3 and I will be trying to sell my 416B on the classifides. Thanks.

gonzaga

I am interested,but I have a couple of questions. How many lions have you called in with this call. How many have you killed with this call. I read your recent story and it was very interesting and well written.

I didn't really hunt lion in the 05/06 season, I was just starting my Cat research. In the 06/07 and so far in the 07/08 seasons I've had 3 in to the call, 2 in the scope, and killed one of them. (Very likely there were several more that I wasn't positive about (a flash of movement, a shadow, etc) and some that I didn't know about at all, since I hunt solo almost exclusively.)

With my shop and household schedule involving a wife and two toddlers, I end up getting into the mountains an average of 3 times per month. Half days and full days. Probably 2 times per month before the snow, and I try hard to get 4 outings per month after the snow flies. (When my boys are old enough to come with, I'll be gone all the time!)

All my Lion stands include this sound. Both Lions I've had in the scope were approaching this sound. Both of them were vocal. (Huge advantage.) I designed this tutorial like I would have appreciated a couple years ago, it would have saved me dozens of hours of research. It germinated from finally figuring out how to do the vocal with an enclosed reed hand call... something I've been trying to accomplish for quite awhile. Both to use in tandem with an e-call, and for the guys who aren't allowed to e-call for Cougar. Their world just changed!

Rainshadow,

I am extremely interested in both the tutorial and one of the hand calls. Will you take a personnal check or would you prefer a money order? I can send you either one. Preferably the M.O. that way the Mrs., doesn't know about it, he he.

Steve,

I am gonna be sending guys to you left and right I guess. I talked to another guy today and he said he was interested as well. He said he might be ordering his first though. I am trying to get some cash, I'm trying to hurry.

gonzaga

crapshoot, Yesterday's Cougar came in with one little vocalization. RIGHT behind me, 20 yards, scared the crap out of me! Same scenario as the first story on the CD tutorial. Only after that I tried everything in the bucket to try to get him to come back for another look.

Mike, PM coming...

Excellent CD! Got my copy yesterday afternoon and it's lot better than I anticipated: straight and simple, quality info. I had a cougar vocalize to me last winter with a sound identical to one of these on Steve's CD.

Steve has learned how to call lions. He’s learned it quicker than anyone I've heard of, and he did it by digging out the info on his own and trying it in the bush. He has also been far more generous in giving out info than any successful lion caller I've talked with. I've got a variant of this sound on my e-caller but I like Steve's better, and will have it on my call before my next lion stand.

Last edited:
I'm re-recording the tutorial tonight, edited for clarity, adding the call-in story from last week, and getting the mic a little closer to my face! Same stuff, just a little better.

CD = $10
CD & Call = $35

I'm also adding a female communicative vocal I did on an open reed that came out pretty dang good. Prior customers can PM or e-mail and I'll get it to you... CD's from today on will be the updated version.

Steve,
I got the set today. I can't wait to get out and give it a try. We got about 4 inches of fresh snow today, so maybe I'll head out in the morning and see if I can cut some tracks. Pretty easy to learn the call. You've got a hit with this system. I'd recommend anyone who is going to try calling in a lion should get one.

Mike

Back