Managed to call in my first predator today...

Bdawg

....but I couldn't shoot him 'cause it was a big ol' freakin' owl! I had been playing my JS attractor and working my homespun R/C decoy. It was about 10-15 min. after sunset and just as I muted the 3rd or 4th sequence,I saw him land up in a tree a few yards behind it. So I waited another few seconds, hit cottontail distress again, flicked the decoy a few times, and he swooped right down to grab it, but aborted the mission at a range of about 2 feet. He perched up in another tree nearby and just sat there watching while I kept working it for the next few minutes or so until I finally had to pack it in and go pick up the wife. No four-legged predators for me yet, but at least I got to have the thrill of seeing that guy in action /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Quote:
Wait 'til one does that to your hat from behind! Talk about making you jump!

ahhhh man that will make you ruin a good call stand real quick... it will also make you wish you hadn't drank so much coffee that morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Wait 'til one does that to your hat from behind! Talk about making you jump!

ahhhh man that will make you ruin a good call stand real quick... it will also make you wish you hadn't drank so much coffee that morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back