Question for Jimmie in KY

d2admin

Administrator
Hi Jimmie, I found this bulletin board a couple of weeks ago and noticed that you had mentioned in a past post that you were restricted to using BB or smaller shot in your shotgun..Is this just an LBL restriction or is it a statewide thing?..I live a little north of you just across the McCracken Co. line in Leeder Bottoms and enjoy reading your posts. Good Hunting, Drew Moore

As long as small game seasons are in we are restricted to bb shot or smaller through out the state. After that it's anybody's guess since the regs' aren't clear. Just to stay safe I stick with bb whenever I use a shotgun.Copperplated shot is available from federal arms. You can get some of the independant gun dealers to order a few boxes for you. They aren't cheap at almost a dollar a hull. You can also order them online at soem of the mailorder houses. midsouth shooters supply is one. Jimmie

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure about the whole shot size business but have been patterning the federal 12 guage 3' inch 1 7/8 loads of copper BB and copper plated #4 Buck too..I hunt alot over in Southern Ill. and the #4 buck is legal there for sure..I help moderate the bulletin board over at www.crowbusters.com and crow hunting is my favorite, but this coyote hunting is really growing on me..Especially after the Vet put 60 stitches in my rat terrier after being attacked last winter! Good Hunting, Drew Moore

Back