CONGRATS BOTH LAWS PASSED...LINK POSTED..5/18/08

Quote:
Two years ago, there were five trophy class bucks in the area the I hunt with a select few guys. The bucks disappeared until we found five headless carcasses while pheasant hunting. We all know who killed the deer and we know the warden is on the guy like white on rice. But seeing how hard it is the nail the piece of ____ on a serious charge, I don't want to hold up the process.

Anyway if a guy can take a whitetail with a 22lr a coyote can be killed with one too.

More importantly......I sure hope you guys don't think I'm a Liberal. Couldn't live with that. lol
KH

Three things.

I want to know why, if the current law curbs poaching, those trophy bucks weren't saved? Do you think they would have killed six instead of five if they were allowed to carry centerfire rifles during those seven days?

Of course a coyote can be killed with a .22lr. But, ethically, it's better to use a larger caliber. Poachers just don't seem to care about ethics.

And, lastly, we are starting to think you may be a liberal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Randy

I'm going to have to do something to change that!!!
I know I'm going to get in my F-350 that sucks down gas, drive for no other reason than burn petroleum products. Maybe get a sixer of the cheapest beer I can find, take few pulls off of my bottle a Jim Beam Black find a picture of the DFL Donkey on the web print it then take a leak on the DFL donkey. Then head out to the garage and sit in my boat looking at my guns, fishing poles, decoys and bow all the while listening to Jason Lewis on 100.3.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

there that ought to put me back on the right side and actually that kind of sounds like a good time

KH

Hey guys poaching has be going on since laws were made, and it will continue until the
end of time.

What we have to do is make the laws mean something. I say if you are caught poaching
it should be a automatic fine of $25,000 if convicted. If you are caught again double it and so
on. You have to make the poacher pay not the legal hunter and or trapper. The poacher doesnt
show any mercy, so why should we.
Also if you are convicted you got to jail until its paid. Now if it takes 10 years so be it.
You go to jail get out go to work and then back to jail until your bill is paid.
They can also pay for there room and board while in jail. You know if a few of the stupid ones
pay maybe the smarter ones will catch on, if not they pay. These guys should be paying not
the legal hunter or trapper. I really dont have time for poaches, they screw it up for everyone.

All the money then should be used for hiring more COs and getting better equipment
for them to do there job. You know we as legal hunters and trappers, it is our job
also to turn in poachers.

You will never find a way to stop poaching , but lets make it hard on the ones that are caught.
Stump

KillerHiller

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

stay in the house have a cold beer relax and have a merry christmas.

Sorry to get the post off point stump49.

I do support your proposal.

We do need to get some of the pointless or dumb laws removed or altered.

KH

Wisconsin used to have the no hunting 5 days prior to gun deer, then it went to 3. Now only the day before the 9 day gun season is closed to hunting and there is an exception for waterfowl hunting. I was a Conservation Warden through all those changes and didn't see anything wrong with the changes. As far as night hunting, light can only be used at point of kill and I never had a problem with that eith. Now I've been retired for 19 years and don't think there has been any increase in poaching because of our current regulations.

Up dates are at the bottom of my first post, that way I can keep them togather with the laws we are trying to change.........stump

I posted up top the link to watch the senate hearing. Here it is I will post it here also .
If you dove hunt you may want to watch the start of the video. They are trying to band dove hunting.

To see my testimony take your slider and move it to 3:52.
enjoy....post comments one way or the other...thanks.

I am still waiting to hear something. They was suppose to be a meeting on the 8th of april but it was moved to the 15th of april. As soon as I hear anything I will post...thanks again.......stump

HERE IS THE LASTEST...........

Hello Orville,
This is what I know. The bill passed out of environment finance committee (the omnibus bill) this past Tuesday. Next, it has to go before the Senate Full Finance Committee and then to the Senate Floor. Once all of that happens, the Senate and House will appoint their conference committee's. Senator Chaudhary's office says they expect to have a better idea of time frames next week.

Will let you know whats up when I hear....thanks...stump

First off I want to thank everyone that helped out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Now if you didnt help out you can still enjoy the law change.

Scroll down to 76.32 and 82.3

https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/bin/bldbill.php?bill=ccrsf2651A.html&session=ls85

Back