Very unhappy with new Foxpro Scorpion.

azcoyotehunter

I just opened my new Foxpro Scorpion, and of all the things that can be screwed up, the female plug from the charger is too big for the male plug on the unit.... not a good start to my first electronic caller from Foxpro.

I'm sitting on the fence or whether or not to return it and get my money back.

other than that, how does it sound to you... if you like it other than that problem??... give mike and steve a call they will fix you up....

Sounds great, but this is a major problem with not being able to charge it.... I'll see how their customer support is tomorrow and decide whether or not to return it.

axcoyotehunter,
Doesn't your charger have a male end on it? It should have a male end that plugs into the female jack between the latches. Check that out and see what's going on, the charger shouldn't have a female jack though. You can stick standard AA batteries in the thing for now though and go use it for the time being.

The charging jack on my unit is female, it lies next to the green on/off light on front between the latches, the other end is a cigarette lighter plug for vehicle use. Also there is another adapter connected to a outlet plug on one end and a larger female receptacle which accepts the cigarrete lighter adapter. This enables you to charge it in the house as well as the truck.

I had the same problem, I tried like heck to make it work. I just called Jarrod and he sent me a new charger. They must have had a bad batch of chargers, but the one he sent me worked as it should. I wouldn't get discouraged toward Foxpro because they'll have you set in 3-4 days.

A good set of AA's will hold you over until they get you taken care of. It's a problem that's been acknowledged and I'm sure Foxpro will remedy ASAP....

Pretty sure I read recently Foxpro rcvd a shipment of chargers that were not the correct type and some accidentally got shipped with callers in the past month. Give them a call, they WILL make it right.

How in the hell did you get them to answer the @#$%^& phone ???? Years ago you got a real person , every call.
Jeb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Jeb,

I agree... the call volume we get is very high.

We have added 2 new phone personel this week and one last week to help this problem, training new personel takes time but hopefully this will help with getting us on the phone. I don't like it when our customers cannot get through to us.

Regards,
Steve

Not intended as a bash Steve , this time of year everyones busy and it does get frustrating at times trying to get thru. Why couldnt yall have released that Scorpion back in July ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Jeb

I've researched FoxPro for a long time and their customer service and desire to make things right was the primary reason I ordered a Scorpion today.

From everything I have read and heard I would be STUNNED if it is not made right.

LWhitsell

I have never experienced anything other than wonderful customer service from FOXPRO......I just wish they sold cars!!!

If you have a problem, they will make it right, period.

I would bet they will do whatever it takes to make you happy...

Joe

Back