.17 rem and pelt damage. (red yote pics)

mainekiller

Here is a few pics of a coyote Jakester and I called in last weekend. 33 pound red female. This is the damage that my .17 rem did to her. It was a 75 yard shot, she was facing me and I took her dirctly in the chest. No exit wound and the entrance was the size of a .22. I love that gun!

100_1459.jpg

100_1457.jpg

100_1463.jpg

100_1464.jpg

I couldn't even see the entrance until I started dragging her and the blood started dripping. After she was hung up, it really started to pour.
Notice the little t-shirt hanging in the background of the 3rd pic. Go yankees!

Thanks for the post, I am always looking for info and experiences to use when making decisions on equipment. Nice yotes also. I just put a 17 Ackley Hornet together for Fox, I am hoping to have some photos soon to share with it's performance on a fox pelt.

The coyote was taken in Monticello. I live in Princeton and hunt around here and up in the littleton/monticello area mostly. I have a really good shooting 22-250 that I used to use on coyotes and fox but I always use my .17 rem now. I still take the 22-250 when hunting at night. The load for the .17 rem is 22g 4064 and a 25g berger nonMEF.

you have some beautifull furs there! I am not sure I like that shirt or the Go yankees stuff but congrats. anyway!
Thats something that I would love to learn, fur care and prep. Thanks for the photos.

p.s. How many yankees have been named so far in the steroid probe now? I believe NO Redsox have been named.

Very cool post! Thanks for the info on the 17 Rem... great fur cartridge, but realy nice to see what you are talking about with entrance holes and NO exit! Those are some fine pelts, wish ours furred up that nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BTW... I had a 17 Rem in a 14" Contender for one summer. It was hell on groundhogs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ny nice pic of foot trappin man I miss them I can still use the snare but sometimes I miss diggin holes that is till the ground freezesLOL

question for you and mainekiller how is that load on a bad shot placement is the blood to track. here in nj we are scrattergun only but I will be calling pa alittle and want to drop from the 243 to maybe the 17 rem or a 204 not sure which one.

Quote:
A-Rod didn't use steroids.

No maybe not. He just slaps the ball out of other players hands, yells "I got it" while running bases to make the defensive players not catch the ball, steps into pitches to get on base, sleeps around, slides WAY outta the base line to break up double plays and so on.

Beautiful furs anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back