3 down in Oregon

Verminator2

My dad and I went out again today. On the way we rock-papered-scissors for the first shot. Dad got it.

The first stand was right at daylight with my dad call on his Rabid Rabbit. Nothing came in after 20 minutes, so we jumped ship.

Second stand, my dad is calling again, we have Jack (Jack-in-the-box) to the left of us about 15 yards doing his best to entice a wiley coyote in. Seven minutes in my dad gets my attention and motions that a coyote is coming. After 10 seconds I see it pop over the top of the hill in front of us. My dad starts squeeking it closer until it's about 150 yards in front of him. He fires and the coyote starts spinning and goes into the brush about 5 yards and dies. There's a 2 inch exit with its heart sticking out of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2007Verminators046.jpg

On the third stand I started out on the antler Rabid Rabbit that I made. At just under the 10 minute mark my dad gets my attention and says there is a coyote coming from behind that I can't see. I crawl on my hands and knees over there, my dad playing a little game with her 'til she is about 300 yards away and decides she doesn't want to come closer. I bark her to a stop, hold on the hair line and release one. It looks good but she keeps going. We release a barrage of shots(I won't mention how many /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif ) She starts dieing after 300 yards and tips over. It was a lung shot, but we don't know who hit her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2007Verminators048.jpg

The next stand was dry.

Stand number 5 we set up over looking a herd of cows and a water trough on a rim. After 2 minutes squeeling on my antler call my dad spots another one. I see her below us coming pretty good. She stops and I can hear my dad putting one in the chamber /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Right as she starts to leave my dad's rifle speaks and I see her drop like a sack of potatoes.

2007Verminators050.jpg

The next three stands were dry. The wind was bad on all of them.

I hope everybody else had as good of luck as we had today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Great job guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Wow nice work! Great story and great coyotes.
Now you have worsened my itch to go calling! Curse you Verminator!

Best of luck to all of you,
Jerrett

Back