Jimmie

d2admin

Administrator
A fellow from work just got back last week from an archery/rifle deer hunting trip in Kentucky. He said the coyotes were running rampant. He saw some over the week he was there, and heard even more. At dawn one morning he heard three different packs howling at each other from the point he was on. Sounds like you have some prime area.

He was around Providence, KY on private property (approximately 1300 acres). I might have to make a trip down there to see if I still have it.

I'm not exactly sure where Providence is at the moment but we do seem to have a bumper crop this time.I myself have'nt heard a group howl in a week but that does'nt mean the deer hunters got them all.I know that before deer season I counted two new groups in one area that were'nt there a year ago,so the population is still growing.

One of the places I hunt deer on is showing some sign that the coyote's are following the turkey flocks.I have'nt seen a coyote in a week of hunting for deer but I have'nt seen a turkey either.It's time for dispersal of the flocks and we saw coyote's regularly before it started.The same thing happened last year on that farm. I'm going to take the beagles down this weekend and see what kind of shape the rabbit population is in.Quail numbers are down there also and they should be going up.The entire farm is in wildlife set aside programs and everything was planted for the wildlife.

The number of farmers coming in to the local wal mart for coyote specific ammo is also up this fall.Sis is manager of the sporting goods dept here.Dad often visits livestock auctions to buy or sell and has bought some stock from farmers who are getting out of the bussiness because their cows just can't seem to raise a calf anymore.There are not many like me operating in the state as of yet and the farmers don't know about the few of us that exist.

A visit to some good farm country just might be the thing you needfor a confidence builder. Jimmie

Back