Sad, sad day!

GC

Tomorrow is a sad day. It's the last day of coyote season here in Missouri. The forecast is rain, the wife just had surgery, and my odds of getting out tomorrow are twofold. One is Sim, the other NONE!

It's always a little sad to see the season end. Hope your wife is doing okay. Family always comes first in my book.

Try not to think of it as the end of the season, but the beginning of preparation for the next one. We always have stuff to learn, and practice makes perfect. I know I sound like a pollyanna, but I personally try to look for an upside. Nobody guarantees you a tomorrow, so it's too bad to spend your today being miserable about things over which you have no control.

Besides, think of all those yotes making babies so you can have more fun in the fall
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I think I'll make it. Turkey season starts soon, white bass are running, crappie, largemouth, mushroom hunting, gun club matches begin, catfish and bluegill will begin biting soon, squirrel season reopens, time to clean guns, reload, assemble gear, send the FoxPro in for retro fitting with a remote, jeezz... I gotta go, I/ve got a lot of stuff to do!
smile.gif

GC,
I was surpised to learn that your great state has a closed season on coyotes. Give me a call about april 30th. Maybe you could come to Iowa for a few days and help me whack some of our sheep eaters.
smile.gif

GC...

A couple of decades ago, I imposed my own personal season on calling predators.

My whacking predators stops by the first of March every year. I do this to allow the predators an opportunity to raise their young without having to worry about the likes of me being after them.

Every year, I regret it deeply when the end of the season rolls around. I must say that it gives me the time to do many things that I've putting off for months.

Reloading and testing ammo, working on calling equipment, touching up camo on rifles and calls, scouting out new areas to call and dreaming up new calling methods to try next season, all help to pass the time away.

Course, don't let me forget that having this forum to communicate with other callers during the off months is a big plus too.

Once in a great while, one of the local ranches will have a predation problem and ask me for some help. So that's also a plus when the demand is there.

But deep inside, I'm marking the days off until next Fall arrives...
wink.gif

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

Rich,
I appreciate the invitation. Truthfully, I'll be so deep into turkey season then that I wouldn't leave the turkey woods for anything. And quite honestly, I feel very much like AZ Will. I kinda like to know the puppies are growing without being troubled too much. I guess it's actually more of a feeling that it'll be a long time before I'm actually afield again with a purpose. During those long hot summer months, I'll be doing all those things Will mentioned, along with family vacation and fishing trips. But at heart I'm a woodsman and would much rather be in the timber than on a lake.

BTW-Will it's damn good to hear from you, hope things are looking up. Our thoughts are with you.

Back