Permits

shotgun

does anyone have or use a permit to access private land for Coyote hunting? I would like to find a format that would work.

Does it work better in getting access/permission?

Thoughts.....

NOTICE: TO ALL, YOU MAY NOT HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN MY LETTER TO THE VARIOUS PARTIES DIRECTLY CONCERNED, SO YOU MAY HAVE NO IDEA
WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, IT IN FACT INVOLVED
ME IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER, I WAS NOT EVEN PRESENT WHEN THE POST WAS MADE! IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ME,as your moderators already know,AND ALTHOUGH I APPRECIATE THEIR RESPONSE HERE TO IT,THE RESPONSES IN FACT
STATED THAT I HAD APOLOGISED, LEADING OTHERS TO HAVE AN IMPLIED SENSE THAT I HAD IN FACT
APOLOGISED FOR WHAT I HAD DONE, WHEN IN FACT,I APOLOGISED FOR WHAT HAPPENED,THERES A DIFFERENCE,AS FOR THE ROASTING OF SHOTGUM I DIDNT DO IT,WASNT EVEN HOME WHEN IT WAS DONE,AND HAVE SINCE TRIED ,CONVITED AND SENTANCED THOSE "JUVINILES" RESPONSIBLE FOR SAID ACT,TO MANY WEEKENDS OF HARD LABOR, AND MR PETJACK OR WHATEVER IT IS,IF YOU ARE REFERING TO STUFF LIKE TEQUILA AS IN THE SUBJECT OF MR SHOTGUNS RECENT POSTING, I DONT DRINK..I JUST WANTED TO SET YOUR RECORD STRAIGHT,IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL ABOUT WHAT HAPPEND,ITS OK FOR THE MODERATORS TO GIVE OR RELEASE ANY NEEDED
INFORMATION TO THE REQUESTOR OR JUST EMAIL ME!
AGIAN, FOR WHAT HAPPEND "WHILE I WAS NOT SUPERVISING THE USE OF MY PC,AND THE SUBSIQUENT ROASTING OF MR. SHOTGUN", MY DEEPEST APOLOGYS TO ALL VARMINTMASTER

[This message has been edited by VARMINTMASTER (edited 04-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by VARMINTMASTER (edited 04-02-2001).]

Shotgun,

Are you are asking about a card you give to the landowner with your name, phone # and vehicle description and license plate # etc. Here in Idaho the F@G gives them out to hunters so when they obtain permission from a landowner they can give the them this information and how to get ahold of the hunter who is hunting on their property.

That way the landowner will know if a strange vehicle parked on their property is someone they gave permission to or someone who is tresspassing. I think some lanowners appreciate you giving them this information at least it proves you have nothing to hide from them and are trying to be responsible hunters.

Hey VarmintMaster, Until Shotgun fully explains himself why don't you just chill out before going off on him like that.

------------------

Check with Doc In Texas on the Biology forum. He can tell you where to get the format for the "LANDOWNERS COURTESY SHEET". I didn't notice anywhere on it that indicated it was associated in any way with da u s gubment.
wink.gif

Lonny and cedarchopper:

Thank you. I guess the verbage that I used "permit" was maybe somewhat inappropriate. I was talking to the DNR and they suggested getting the land owner to sign a permit (their term) - thereby allowing you access to the land to hunt. I guess permission slip would have been more appropriate and thus would not have incited the mentally challenged to launch so easily.

It sounded like a nice courtesy for the land owner and a way to give them information such as you suggested-so I was simply trying to find out if others used such a form or format with land owners.

Varmintmaster - Yes, I am from Mars and obviously you are from Uranus.

To everyone else I apologize and will not bother you or this board again....thanks!

Shotgun,

I was pretty certain that is what you were talking about and thanks for clearing it up. I think it is a nice gesture on the hunters part to show some responsibility by giving the landowner this information. At least it shows him you give a rip about his property and don't want to abuse the privilege and spoil it for everyone.

Shotgun just because "what's his name" went off on a tirade is not your fault and so don't let that keep you off the board. In my opinion you don't owe anyone an apology here either. Someone owes you an apology though.

So stick around. I am sure others feel the same as I do. Take care and good hunting.

------------------

Shotgun I agree with everybody here in what they have informed you with BUT MR. VARMINTMASTER, I feel that he was way out in left field when he made his reply to your post. My partner and I we always get the A-OK from the land owner before we enter onto his land and we never leave a mess and we pick up our brass and our trash if we have any. Its the right thing to do. Good Luck Shotgun on your asking of a land owner.

------------------
Jason's Gun Room
Quality Custom Gunsmithing

Shotgun,I sent you a landowners sheet you mite make some changes to it to fit your needs.

Doc

PS Mr.varmintmaster,we are her to share info andnot to be sarcastic. there are people trying to learn. All I ask is please try to be helpful not harmful

Shotgun I would like to visit here a second.

I am taking off my moderator hat and speaking as just man to man.
So please no one hold the rest of this board responsible for what I may say.
If the rest of the moderators hold it against me then I will gladly hand in my card.

This sucks.

You have been a very welcome and beneficial menber of this board. I have sincerely enjoyed your questions and responses in EVERY INSTANCE.
I , as a fellow member of this board ask you to rise above this crap and stick around.
I have faith that the moderators of this board will not allow this sort of thing to continue.

Varmint master you are out of line , period.
This man asked a civil question and you abused not only his trust ,but all of ours with your response.

I suggest that if you cannot respond with at least some measure of courtesy and respect that you do us the favor of not responding at all.
From just one hunter to another.
Sincerely Craig Hamilton.

To all a big Thank you. I am truly impressed with the people in this group and the overwhelming response. I have a load of forms including direct links to several state DNR sites that have hunting permission slips, landowner courtesy sheets, release of liability forms, etc. etc.....Thank you. The only problem is that with all of these forms it will take several hours to get all of the forms signed.......;-)

Seriously, in researching this I find that one of the differences between East and West hunting is that with the expansion of people and loss of habitat many eastern states are getting to legally require that you have a license AND permission slips. Yes, there are civil penalites beyond simple tresspassing.

I think that this requirement is also compounded by the fact that there are far more ignorant, untrained, inconsiderate hunters in the east that destroy the image of sportsmen by their actions.

Here in Minnesota, it is a fact that this requirement, access fees(tax) paid to the state, and other sinmilar actions are some of the pilars that the ANTI's are using to restrict hunting and shooting. Afterall, they have outlawed hunting Doves because they are an endangered song bird. Do you think that they could use the same logic because Coyotes "sing"....

Anyhow and again sincerest thanks to one and all. I will continue to enjoy this group and hope to actually get to meet y'all......good hunting

Well said Craig Hamilton! And a good reply back from Doc & Shotgun! I could not have said it any better way.

------------------
Jason's Gun Room
Quality Custom Gunsmithing

Craig/Doc/Jason et al.--I agree 100% with you guys said re: the unnecessarily caustic attitude of Varmintmaster. There is no place for that type of attitude, when others are trying to ask questions and find out information. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Personally, if Varmintmaster doesn't change his attitude he should go elsewhere to discharge the type of rubbish posted above.

Shotgun--Don't you leave Predatormasters! Just rate bad manners/bellyachin, etc. on a 1 to 10 scale; if doesn't hit at least an 8 or 9, don't even pay any attention to it. There are a whole bunch of guys here that are more than willing to assist you and answer you questions to the best of their ability.

I have been out of town for a week and come back to see a "little" problem on this part of the board. Shotgun, you asked a good question,as a matter of fact certain areas require written permission to hunt private land.That is easier to obtain if you have a simple form already to fill in the blanks.Please stick around. As for Varmintmaster,feel free to disagree with any ones opinion on any subject,but,if you cut loose on someone like that agian,YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THIS BOARD.Any body who disagrees with haveing polite discussion on topics can find a different forum to use.

------------------
"ALL HUNTS ARE AS GOOD AS THE MEMORIES THEY PROVIDE US."

Hi Shotgun,

Here in crowded RI, the biggest concern with landowners allowing permission is the fact that they may be liable for your actions or you getting hurt while on their property. I have a slip that reads,

To Whom It May Concern:

Please be advised that __________________ has permission to hunt on my property, and they agree to do so at their own risk without any liability to owner/s of property.

Most landowners feel comfortable with this wording and it may make the difference between you getting the permission.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck,
Vinny
smile.gif

Shotgunner..thanks for staying..we need people like you. I hope you got my E-mail, and I E-mailed varmintmaster and demanded that he apologize. You can see this is a good board with good guys on it. I'm proud to be here. See ya'..Randy

Gosh you guys are going to make me start crying....and you don't want to do that cause when I blow my nose it sounds more like a ruptured Moose caught on a barbed wire fence than a Coyote....

Thanks all, here's a sincere one to all-salute! Damn this is good Tequila!!!!!

Guys, I have recieved an E-mail from Varmint Master giving a full explanation of what happened. He has apologized to the board and to Shotgun. I forwarded this to Shotgun,and will visit with the other moderators. Thank all of you for rallying to keep this a GREAT board. He does actually have a good explanation. Hold off on the hitman for a bit.
smile.gif
Randy

Varmintmaster:

Accepted! That chapter is closed!

Follow-up: I went our fully armed with Landowner Courtesy Sheet, modified from one that Doc sent, along with my brand new Rich Cronk call. I spend the day scouting in a new area and upon seeing signs and actual Coyotes, went around to 12 farmsteads to talk to the landowners. I followed the tips from Varmint Al's "How to Gain Access to Private Land" and by golly 11 of the 12 were pleasant and surprised that I had such a form, willingly gave permission and signed the form (actually two forms as I left one with them with my info). I drank more coffee that I needed to, a dozen doughnuts and rolls, and I had 3 offers to stay for lunch. Several asked that when I shoot one to stop by and show it to them. I spent part of the evening using Rich's calls and actually had one come in-scared the hell out of me.

I thank all of you for the information that you shared, as I seriously believe that this approach has the potential to give me access to more land than I can hunt. Guess I will have to look for a partner. Any Minnesota hunters out there?

I want to thank all concerned for helping to resolve this issue and we can now put it behind us once and for all.

Both Shotgun and Varmint Master are considered valuable members at Predator Masters and I’m glad to have them as part of the organization.

Once again, I thank everyone for their cooperation and understanding.

Now, let’s get back to the business of hunting the hunters....
wink.gif

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

Back