Are the Deer telling us something about the coyotes?

River Runner

Has anyone hunting in the East, noticed that the Whitetail Deer are starting to move out into the farm fields and feeding durring the day?
I've had a pretty dry spell here in Wisconsin as far as calling Coyotes goes. Every stand I go to I'm kicking up Deer, and there's Deer standing in the fields all day long.
Ya think that might be a tell tale sign that the Coyotes are holed up some where? Denning maybe, I know there's only a couple of weeks left in thier gestation period here.

~River Runner~

Around here large groups of deer are being seen in the daytime. We have a lot of apple orchards around. I don't know if it says anything about coyotes, but it sure says that we have too many hungry deer!

Could be that the deer are dropping their young too. Also have seen lots of new dens being dug, in some of the most obviuos places
geezes. stupid animals showing me there dens like that.
biggrin.gif

Maybe the deer are coming out of the yards due to the warm weather..... and maybe the coyotes are out more cause most of the deep snow here is going... and they are looking to have their young too.
I one seen 5 coyotes directly accross the road from 13 deer. They weren't too interested in the deer and the deer didn't seem to care that they were there.
smile.gif

I finally got to see Coyotes sniffin around on the ground with a group of deer this morning. No gun aboard of course.
I've never seen deer hang out with the coyotes present. Kinda wierd for me.

By the way way...we eat the coyotes not the deer up here. JUST KIDDING! Now watch someone take that and run. LOL
~River Runner~

Back