SPRING CROW HUNT IN MN ?

Duane@ssu

This may not be the place for this but o'well. Last yeah I ran a spring crow hunt,and we had alot of fun.If any one wants to do one this year. This is the honor system,no entry fee, kill as many crows as you can by 03 -31 ,post the pics, and whoever shots the most wins an "EAT CROW NO LIMIT" tee shirt donated by me.two man teams are allowed.Crows must be shot! how you do that is your choice.If you want to be involved, e-mail your name address and phone to
ssu@uslink.net The sooner I get your info teh sooner you can start killing birds for the contest.Good luck and have fun.

I'd love to join your shoot, Duane, but CA season closed Apr. 4. They have a 24 per day limit, too.

[This message has been edited by NASA (edited 03-22-2001).]

I just re-read my post and, doh!
I'll send you pics of whatever I bag in the next two weeks, anyway. My FP has some good crow sounds, as well. And I've added some motion dekes (wing flappers) to my setup. But I've got to stop shooting at 24.

NASA

Be careful, last weekend (before I read this post) I was out playing with a Heart/Rabbit decoy and two motion crow decoys in a setup. Further, I was using an electronic rabbit distress call with occasional manual crow calls thrown in to the mix.

Suddenly I had a bunch of crows coming in and two coyotes-all at the same time. I was so flustered that I ended up punching holes in the sky and a couple of additional ones in the ground.....brought home gun, decoys, and calls - nothing else.......sometimes it can just be too much fun....Good Hunting

Back