AROUND HERE THE FOX ARE STARTING...

Duane@ssu

To move alittle bit.been checking some favorite spots and there are fresh tracks almost every day.I may go out in the morn and try to bag one. Any one else strarting to see critter movement?

Yes

For the last couple weeks I haven't seen any fox on a certain stretch of road that I drive everyday.

But since yesterday I have seen 3 of them. Problem is..... its private land and the owner is about the most liberal person in this neck of the woods.
frown.gif

RK

------------------
Idle hands may be the devils work, but idle minds are so much worse

Try to get permission to hunt an adjacent peice of land. Or check a plat book to find any state or fed land that is near there.

That is very good advice.

In this situation though the nearest public land is about a mile and a half away. I have tried my luck there a couple times with no reward, I will keep trying though. The adjacent private land is owned by someone I can never seem to get a hold of. I haven't given up yet though.

RK

------------------
Idle hands may be the devils work, but idle minds are so much worse

Here in the Northeast it's been a very quiet winter. The snow conditions have been terrible for any animal or human movement. When I can get into the woods I have seen very little in the way of tracks of anything.The only thing I've been hearing about is a lot of complaints about raccoons, especially in bird feeders. We lost a lot of snow over the last few days, but it's snowing again tonight, and there's a major storm on the way for midweek. Oh well.

My hunting pratner shot a coyote a few days ago.Another mercy killing.I hate to see any animal with mange.The size of skull on this dog, I would say he would have been 45+ if he was heathy.Instead he was skin and bones weighing 35 lbs. what a shame!

Back