How did you get started calling predators?

I got started calling coyote's about 13 years ago, for what I wanted to be a means to an end. (it hasn't ended yet, so I'm gonna keep hunting them
biggrin.gif
)

When I was 12 I found a pile of grouse feathers laying on the snow with what I thought were dog tracks at the time. I went back and got my father and brought him out to show him and he informed me that "Dim dare are yote tracks" Well that touched a nerve, the way I looked at it was if anyone or anything was gonna be killing the grouse around here it was going to be me! From that day on I have been hunting coyotes in the off season of upland and waterfowl.

Ryan

------------------
NV88280.jpg

Well, lets see. My reason is pretty fresh in my mind (only 4 years ago). My brother called me to tell me that when I come home for deer season I needed to bring the "ground hog gun" because, "we got a coyote problem!" My niece was playing in the side yard of their home, (on a 649 acre farm in WV) she came running in screaming about a strange dog that started running at her from one of the fields. They had a young collie at the time, the collie met the coyote half way! Gotta love a loyal dog! My sister in law ran it off with the "farm gun". My brothers idea for hunting them was with his 30/06 and a 4 wheeler. I bought a Haydels "cotton tail distress" and tried to remember the sounds that rabbits would make when they were being attacked. I honed my skills in west TN. After the first one, I was hooked forever!

Back