Northeast Hunt 2008

One coyote was shot last year. If you want better chances go to a predator hunt out west. No one can guarantee you a coyote up in Maine. Remember, you can also shoot fox or bobcat.

just the one dog, it was a bit cool and then it went up to
-10 and that was the heatwave ,there was a little wind

if you have snowshoes bring them I think thay have a bit of snow
no matter what you'll have fun (cold and dark and I love it)hey fivepaknh is your son going this year, I did'nt forget what you two left on my pelow.

see ya there
RJ

He'll be there. I bought him a min-14 for coyote hunting. I know a lot of people will roll their eye when they' read mini-14, but for the short distances most shots are taken in New England and the fact only one or two shots are fired, a mini is fine. At under 100 yards it shoots minute of coyote.

100 not even 35 yards for that one lasy time
I dont see anything wrong with a mini 14
see ya up there
RJ

I know it's still a week out, but here's the Eustis, ME forecast from accuweather. Balmy compared to last year. Bring your shorts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thursday, Jan 31
High: 24 °F RealFeel®: 15 °F
Mostly cloudy with a few flurries

Thursday Night, Jan 31
Low: 11 °F RealFeel®: -1 °F
Overcast with a couple of flurries

Friday, Feb 1
High: 23 °F RealFeel®: 8 °F
Considerable cloudiness and cold; a few afternoon flurries

Friday Night, Feb 1
Low: 9 °F RealFeel®: -18 °F
Windy and cold with snow

Saturday, Feb 2
High: 16 °F RealFeel®: -8 °F
Mainly cloudy, windy and colder

Saturday Night, Feb 2
Low: 8 °F RealFeel®: -6 °F
Partly cloudy

Sunday, Feb 3
High: 27 °F RealFeel®: 18 °F
Not as cold with intervals of clouds and sun

Sunday Night, Feb 3
Low: 9 °F RealFeel®: 15 °F
Cloudy most of the time

Don't let Paul scare you it will be great hunting weather. Things are rolling right along. Jimmy Sweet and I were hunting up there last week, I had to finalize some things, and we can tell you there are plenty of dogs just waiting to die. The surprise I mentioned is going great and I recieved a letter of confirmation just today. Can't wait to see all of the guys and some new faces. Looks good as far aas snow. A little soft powder on top of a good solid base so the walking is good as Jimmy can attest to after we took a two to two and a half mike stroll through the woods, yes Jimmy I am still sore from that walk, old age setting in! I am arriving at camp at 1 am Wednesday morning so any one that arrives after that is welcome. See you at the hunt.

Hey Rod, if you remember it was 2 1/2 miles in and the same out.Just a short strole for a long strider. I checked on Google earth and that path we were on went about 7 miles in till it reached the base of those large hills.

We had better luck with howling than rabbit calls. In 1 spot we had a pack of 5 or so yipping and howling about 200 yds away they worked up to about 75 yds sassy as heck but wouldn't come out of the thick stuff.

Then we had 1 loner answer and come in and let out a howl less than 50 yds, talk about the hair standing up on the back of your neck, primevil squatt and poop.

Bring a good light with back up batterys and a howler, my liteforce battery gave out and I had to rely on my back up, no red lens and not enough power for the thick stuff.

Rod, I'm going to stop in Skowhegan and see if Gladis will make the trip.

Later
JimS.

I will be showing up Thursday mid day with Todd,,,,, save us some spots in the woods will ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last edited:
rod
todd here
i got off of work and big george is bringing me up
hope to see you and nelson
talk to you later
todd

I am leaving tomorrow night as soon as I get out of wortk. I should arrive about 3:30 am. I will have everything ready and see you guys when you get there

No critters but WE HAD A Great time
I got snowed in up country 22 miles from hard top road, for 24 hours Me and Todd, from TLM Game calls
Now the 24 hours I spent in my truck wasn't the hard part it was being there with TODD that almost killed me
just kidding Todd , if I ever get stranded up country again , I hope your with me pal

I told you hunting with me ant just hunting it's a adventure

Rj ,, I herd you also got in to the white stuff pal,, glad to here you got out.. sorry i didn't get to see you before you left pal but it was nice talking to you at camp we have to get out some time..

Thanks Maineguide (Rodney & Nelson) for another good time this year ,
your a couple good guys

I feel sorry if we caused you any grief,, but deep inside you know i had it all under control.
like i always say pal ,, I GOT THIS!!!!!

Thanks again and it was nice meeting you all and all the new guys I definitely had a good time.

your friend

George snow bound Ackley
PS

Ok so now I know that if there is 3 feet of snow on the ground and 6'' more coming with 30 to 50 mph wind the thing i shouldn't do is head up country to go calling,,, what i should of done was stay in camp and help finish off the Hennisy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi
Are there any varmint and /or predator hunters out there in the Cooperstown NY/Otsego County NY area.
I am looking for a compatible hunting partner.

Back