.410 anybody?

My first shotgun was a side by side .410 that has been passed down the family for like 80 years. I shoot a 12 ga now but i believe that the .410 made me a better shot because it forces you to be more patient and accurate. That gun is with my cousin now and it has killed a ton of pheasants, quail, crows, rabbits, and squirrels. They also make .410 pumps which are a blast to shoot.

Rossi makes a decent/inexpensive combo. .410/.22 I picked one up for my daughter at D@*K's Sporting Goods for $140. I believe it also comes in 20GA/.22, its interchangable barrels, not and O/U. It's nothing fancy, but for the price its a pretty good deal.

Last edited:
I have a double barrel 410 that I have had for over 20 years.Shells are high priced and all of my kids have been started on a 20gauge.As they got older they all wanted to shoot and hunt with the 410.They are fun to shoot trap with as you can be humble quick

I shot my first goose, duck, grouse, skunk, deer and weasel with a single shot 410. It's still the gun I take with unless I'm taking an original muzzle loader out. For one thing it isn't bad being backed up by a 12 gauge, but the guys shooting 12 gauge hate being backed up by a 410. They are definately not to small if you know your range.

I started out with a Remington 870 20 gauge but last year I decided I wanted a 410 so my mom and stepdad got me a Snake Charmer 410 for Christmas.Since then I have shot quite a few skunks a few rats and a bunch of rattlesnakes with it.It takes up to 3" shells and slugs are pretty accurate out of it I took a rattlesnakes head off at about 15 yards with one without a problem.The only bad thing about the Snake Charmer is that it doesnt have a front sight so you pretty much just point and shoot.They are pretty fun but are expensive to shoot so if your planning on shooting alot I would go with a 20 gauge.

Back