Another Bow Pig

Yellowhammer

Staff member
I sat my stand Friday evening (Deer archery season opened Saturday morning) and had 8 hogs come to my feeder. The first 7 just rushed in, but the 8th was a black boar that circled a little farther down wind of the feeder. He was much more cautious and I think he may have got my wind because he wasn't coming on in.

So, I took my pick of the 7 that were at the feeder. They were all about the same size, I just wanted to be sure and get a sow for better eating.

A 25 yard shot and the Bear Razorhead had claimed another victim (84 pounds live wt). The razorhead blows right through, but they don't leave any blood trail so far on 3 hogs.

HogAC9-28-07.jpg

I hunted all day yesterday and saw nothing yesterday morning and finally saw a nice 8 point yesterday evening. Nice, but not big enough. Home for church this morning.

Last edited:
I know the feeling, it was the same up in Anderson County yesterday. My dad did however see 6 bucks running together about 8am yesterday. Most small, but a couple that would go near 130. I punched a hole in a 100 pound +/- boar. Hope the hunting improves and it cools off soon. Good luck.

Back