Duck report

Born2BWild

Got out this morning after the flying quakers, after a long week of waiting for season to open up. We were way back deep in the woods, on a small river that was known to have ducks on it. Long story short, it was a pretty average day in Michigan. Saw about 12 ducks total, dad made a great shot on a small teal at first light. Then about 10 minutes later, a single mallard comes floating down and caught us totally off guard, we flushed it up and I managed to not let it get away. Its not a bad day when there was 2 shots and you've got 2 ducks when you walk out. It was a blast. Mom and sister are gone this weekend, so we are havin squirrel and duck on the grill tonight!

B2BW

Last edited:
We got 11 ducks today and saw about 125. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif I think we did awesome. we had 7 guys out there. I got 2 and my cousin never shot one before and he got 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Luke

Quote:
We got 11 ducks today and saw about 125.

Quote:
it was a pretty average day in Michigan. Saw about 12 ducks total

There's Michigan for ya! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

B2BW

Todays report: We had about 35 in shooting range and got 7 ducks And one goose. I shot one for sure. Not as good as yestarday but it was good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Luke

Last edited:
That would be nice, having that many ducks come in. Today we saw a total of..... five. All of them were woodys, which is unusual. Dad droped one out of the group, a nice male. Very cool bird.

banditbuster, what shotgun and size shot do you use? Do you do any reloading?

B2BW

I was useing a 20ga. 870 exspress Youth model. Either 2 or 4 shot. No i dont reload my shells wish i did though. I shot about a box of shells.

Thats almost exactly what I use, as far as equipment goes: 870 express .12ga, with #2's. I went from a modified to a FULL choke this year. You either miss, or hit 'em hard that way. I just lost to many last year so I closed the pattern in.

Good luck!

B2BW

Quote:
We got 11 ducks today and saw about 125. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif I think we did awesome. we had 7 guys out there. I got 2 and my cousin never shot one before and he got 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Luke

i have always wanted to try duck hunting, but i think it looks too hard, unless looks are decieving.

Last edited:
Back