AZ 3 2 B Javelina HAM

Cast-N-Blast

My area is 36C not 32B. But still the same prob....I've hunted the AZ NM Stateline for Peccary. I know that area well. But not this one. The buddy I was going with busted(mangled) his leg and can't make it, He is the one that knows the area. Anybody familiar or live in the area? I would appreciate some road map info and possibly a ranchers name and number. Thanks Mike
Hell, even someone that is going and wants some company.

[This message has been edited by Cast-N-Blast (edited 01-05-2002).]

Originally posted by Bill:
Cast-N-Blast,

Check your tag again, there is no hunt unit 32B in Arizona.

Bill
Yeah thanks Bill I caught that this morning. Its 36C.....duh.
Your not as screwed up as you think I am? No wait, Your not screwed up, I'm thinking....No,thats not it. Ok I got it. I'm as screwed up as ..................

Cast-N-Blast,

I don't have a lot of experience hunting 36C but what I know I'll pass along.

The majority of the unit is State Trust Land. Your hunting license allows you access to that land. The are several ranches that have some private property and they can legally block access to State land, but that isn't a problem that I'm aware of. Another much smaller portion of the unit is part of the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge which allows hunting and camping in season. The Baboquivari Mts are the western boundary of the unit and javalina will be scattered throughout the foothills.

A while back I found www.javalina.com which is a very well done and informative site. Also check out the Arizona Game& Fish website.

Good Luck,

Bill

Hunt the refuge, it is awesome. The two times I have hunted their we just camped on the refuge and hunted out of camp. We killed pigs every time with our bows. Good luck to you Al.

Back