Any suasage recipes

wildoats

Anyone have any easy recipes for deer & or feral hog sausage i just picked up a meat grinder an sausage tubes, and would rather mix my own seasoning instead of buying the premix packets.

Thanks

------------------

Keep your hooks sharp and you powder dry.
Wildoats

"The expactations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools."
Confucius

Wildoats,

Try www.eldonsausage.com I have ordered ingredients from him and a book on making sausage, pepperoni,and jerky. He carries all kinds of stuff for making your own homemade sausage. I have found the premixed stuff he sells to really be the easiest to use and cheaper than buying all the ingredients yourself. His books have recipies for sausage that you can make yourself. I bet those feral hogs would make some real fine sausage.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lonny (edited 10-17-2001).]

Thanks Lonny,

That is a great site, and it looks like he has some good boning knifes at a good price.

------------------

Wildoats

"The expactations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools."
Confucius

Get on good terms with you local butcher/meat cutter. I like certain kinds of sausage, but I don't like anything with a lot of sage in it. My local butcher supplied me with some of the stuff he uses. It is Polish sausage seasoning, and contains no sage at all. I've used it in making sausage from both bear and cougar meat. Delicious!

Bob,

There was a Supermarket butcher in Juneau who makes killer blk bear Peperoni sticks, several tried to get his recipe,he would never give it out, but he was more than happy to make them for you.

I went out this afternoon to fill my pig feeder, from my trail camera I see I have had a big sow feeding on it late at night and a few deer, but none of the "Webber" 60-90 lb size hogs I'm looking for. So Im walking up on the feeder today with a 50lb sack of corn on my shoulder and the wind in my face, I walk right up on two nice BB-Q size hogs not 5 yards away in the knee high grass , I tried to back out slowly but they got spooked and took off, That will teach me for not packing my pistol.

------------------

Wildoats

Confucius

Wildoats,

Here's a sausage recipe that I like.

If you are going to use venison only, you should add some pork,(a 50/50 mix is good) the venison alone tends to dry out.

Mix the two meats, add salt, red wine, fennel seed, anise, crushed red pepper if you want a little kick to it.

You will have to add these seasonings to your taste. Top quality seasonings really enhance the flavor.

Good luck,

Vinny

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Back