Great News ! ! !

SD Handgunner

After 4 years of Anterless Deer Tags here in South Dakota, I finally drew an ANY DEER TAG this year. Most every year when I have an Anterless Deer Tag, all I see is Bucks, I suppose this year all I will see is does. At least this year I get to make the choice as to what I harvest. My 15 year old daughter, on the other hand, drew a Double Anterless Tag for two anterless deer.

That's OK, with a little luck, we should have a freezer really full of Deer this winter.

I was so happy I just had to tell someone.

Larry

Hey Larry,

Congrats!!!! Good luck on your hunts. It is great to see your daughter out there in the field with Dad.

Good Hunting,

Bob C.

Congrats on the deer tags. Best of luck to your daughter. It must be great to be able to take her hunting and I hope you get to watch her get her deer. It will give her great pride to help fill the family freezer.

Hunting with my Daughters has been an ongoing thing. My oldest daughter was & still is a hunting fanattic. She started when she was 14, and is now 23. I don't get to hunt too much with her anymore, as her & her husband live in another state, but we do hunt together every chance we get.

This will be the second season for my youngest daughter. It took Nicole a while to warm up to shooting, but now she enjoys it. Last season she pitched right in and even helped with the field dressing chores, as well as the dragging chores. Whether she decides to continue hunting after she moves away, and gets married is up to her, but for now my job is teaching her the basics, ethics, morals, etc. That she can always carry with her.

Larry

PS, I am a Hunter Safety Instructor, so even after my youngest daughter is grown up and gone, I will still be involved in helping kids HUNT.

Back