Best .224 bullet for antelope sized critter?

MTmud

I plan on using my .220 swift on antelope this year. Anyone suggest a good .224" bullet suitable for larger animals? I prefer to use Hornady when possible.
Dennis

MTmud,

If you want to stay with Hornady, I would go with the #2270 60gr. SP. Personally, I would use the Nosler Partition in 60gr. Don't get me wrong, I like Hornady bullets and load a lot of them. Try a few loads of each and see how they do.

Good Hunting,

Bob C.

------------------
“No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, is as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
Thomas Jefferson, June 1776

I agree with Calypso, the 60gr. Nosler Partition is designed for just that purpose. In addition, if it will shoot in your Swift, Winchester makes a 64gr. .224 Caliber Power Point that was specifically designed for use in the .223 Remington for Deer Hunting. I have used this bullet in the past with good results, and it does do what it is supposed to do. However that was in a .223, and I am not sure how it will react to the increased velocity of the Swift.

Larry

Hello
Check out some of the stuff by Barnes. I beleive that their X style is what you need.

Also check out Trophy Bonded Bear Claw brand bullets.

They make a 55 grain "Bear Claw Solid Shank"

I have not tried either of these but I have heard good things, and I will be working next with the Barnes bullet, using a 22-250.

------------------
Safety,Ethics, Accuracy, Velocity, Energy-I am On the Way to the Arizona Predator Hunt!!!!!!

Back