Who hunts javalinas...?

Daryl

and what is your favorite way to hunt them? I hunt with a bow and like the challenge of hunting them in wide open places. Where I took this one there wasn't a bush anywhere for several hundred yards. I had to belly crawl the last 200 yards or so.
wink.gif

As a note, this is also one of my favorite areas to call coyotes. A flat shootin'
rifle helps!

Ro78654.jpg

Dude... i'm all over bowhunting javelina like stink on a .... well, on a pig!!!

View

View

View

View

[This message has been edited by Encore223 (edited 05-31-2001).]

Great pictures Encore! Thanks for sharing them.

I know javalinas and cactus go together most of the time, but I try to stay away from those chollas, they're wicked!
wink.gif

------------------
yotewalk.gif

I've only drawn one year and was unsuccessful, but I helped a buddy last year and he got a nice one with a rifle. We put in together this year and if we draw, I'll hunt them with a bow or pistol. A couple more weeks and I should know. Great photos guys! Hope to join your ranks this coming winter.

Daryl & Encore, great pics. I would sure like to see some of those little beasties during the BBQ&Hunt event. I understand they are not in season at that time but getting some pictures would be cool. Are there any feral hogs/wild boar in Arizona that would tempt me to come down early? I would like to maximize my experience while I am down there with any hunting I can get
smile.gif

Perhaps someone could bring some javalina bits to the BBQ for snackies? Yum, just another reason to go hehehe...

Great pictures guys! You are getting me anxious to get back out there!

Good Hunting,

Bob C.

------------------
“No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, is as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
Thomas Jefferson, June 1776

Every year some buddies and I go out to Marathon, TX and bowhunt javalinas. We mostly spot and stalk with the occasional run and gun method thrown in. This one just happened to cross a little wash in the worst possible place for him. We killed 7 on the trip this year. It's tough hunting, but it's a blast!

bd59374.jpg

------------------
Bye y'all
yotewalk.gif

B. Pierce

Back