Brian I hope your getting ready!

d2admin

Administrator
With predator season over for a lot of folks and big game starting to fill their brains with images of big racks things are going to be heating up in here real fast.
Count on me buggin the dickens out of you!
Pretty soon the little guns go away for a while and the big ones start getting warmed up.

Craig,

That is fine by me. As a matter of fact I am set for turkey season as I write. The others will soon follow. Use the board to your heart's content. That is what it is here for.

------------------
Brian K. Bentley

Hunting is not just our right, It's our HERITAGE

I have a buddy that has access to some property up by Vernon. It is virtually a turkey hunting paradise. Absolutely no pressure and tons of birds. I know that there are a lot of prople who go to the LBJ Grasslands up by Decatur, but due to the fact that it is free there is a hunter almost behind every tree. Most of my coyote hunting is done on private land. There are a bunch of coyotes up in the Grasslands too but pressure makes them tough to hunt no rifles or handguns are allowed. Hope that helps.

------------------
Brian K. Bentley

In the caddo grasslands you can use a rifle. My only problem is either use my .270 with a ported boss which is verrrry loud or use a .22mag which is verrry marginal. I haven't been to LBJ grasslands yet. (The rifles are for coyote only)

I understood what you meant. Unfortunately in the LBJ GL, rifles are not allowed for any type of hunting or shooting. You can use Archery, blackpowder or shotgun only. Haven't done too much in the Caddo GL but if the traffic is marginally light and the terrain is accommodating then it might be the better choce. LBJ just has sooo many people to contend with, it makes for a very difficult time.

------------------
Brian K. Bentley

You can use rifles in caddo gl but you have to wear orange unless at night and I have never hunted coyotes at night or even that much during the day. Most were when deer hunting.

Back