NcStar D4B

Glen, for now Im gonna disagree.

I talked the guy into 50 bucks and put it on my ruger 44 carbine. Last night me and a buddy ran 100 rounds thru it not including those used to zero it- maybe ten more.
It held its zero, and didnt hiccup. Now the 44 carbine isnt exactly gentle on a shooter, but its a far cry from full boat 10 gauge loads- and I think if it can handle that- I should be good to go.

BTW Clarity was good, but at dusk/into darkness the only selection I would probably use is the dot. The rest, while great in daylight were very distracting after the sun went down.

"poor people CAN'T afford to buy cheap glass"

I mean no offense to you, as I resemble that remark....By the time you buy 2 or 3 piece of [beeep] scopes, you could have bought something that would have lasted. As I said, my money is too hard to come by to just throw it away on subpar glass. I would rather have one good scope and move it back and forth between half a dozen rifles, looong before I ever settled for owning several cheap scopes. YMMV

brdeano- no offense taken. My last couple of scopes were more expensive than the rifles they went one. And Im one of the first to scold a guy for doin what I did. But, this, to me isnt really a scope. Its a red dot. Ive had several of them over the past 15 years and Ive hated most of them. I like this one so far. Shot it with spotlights last night, and to me it just may work. Im gonna wring it out and see what its made of- worst case scenario- its junk, I tell y'all its junk- save someone else the hassle.

What I know so far- If I reposition my cheek weld on stock- the dot stays on target, and Its held up to 100 rounds of rapid fire 240 gr 44 magnum on a rifle that isnt known for having the reciever in the same place twice.

Both are good attributes.

The one I put on my .17 mr CZ has worked great all summer,over 1000 rounds through it without a single adjustment,its a 6-24x50.I just ordered one of their new Mark III 6-14x50 30mm with the ranfge finding reticle for my newest 7 mag project,cant wait to get it mounted and have some fun with it.I have had a LEUPOLD come apart on me in the field,there are lemons in all makes,just because a Nc costs 170 instead of 500 dont mean its going to be a POS,I havnt had a single problem with mine.

Last edited:
BroncoGlen's right---I won't buy another blue box----it just didnt' hold up-----put a D4B on a Beretta Neos 22 and pretty soon the on/off/adjustment switch was all haywire.
Just on these few comments, it looks like at best their running 50%.

I've got a 10 year old Tasco 45mm ProPoint 5 that I've had on several of my pistols including a 44mag. Currently it's on top of my S&W41 for NRA Bullseye target shooting. My son has an Optima Red Dot on top of his 45 Kimber that's only a little newer. Both have never given any problems. His new Bushnell Holo Sight works well too.

So when you get a sour red dot, even a cheap one, it sticks in your mind. But NONYA, if you've a good one, then I wish you and it a long and accurate life.

Back