favorite varmit to shoot

I love shooting crows over a owl decoy with a couple crow decoys thrown in. I pop em with a full choke and #2's just to make black clouds! I just started into the predator hunting so I'm real green to that.

One night a buddy and me sat on "the pit" (a hole dug into the ground to throw all the dead cows in) at the dairyfarm by my house at the time. Many a coyote lost there lives off that pit. Anyway with laser sights and 22lr's we shot mice off the old cow carcasses for at least 4 hours. We must have shot 300 mice. It was crazy, and probably the most fun shooting vermin Ive had.

I dont know their are alot to choose from.Porcupines are probably my favorite to shoot with armadillos coming in second.But since I live in pretty flat country I get the chance to shoot prairie dogs,skunks,and rattlesnakes alot more often.But a little ways from where I live the land changes into hills and trees so thats where I do most of my porcupine and armadillo shootin.I have killed 12 porcupines this year and 2 armadillos.I have seen close to 20 porcupines this year but two got away from me into a colvert and the others were pretty far away and I would have had to walk through grape vine and plumb thickets the whole way so they got to live.

I would have to say PDogs just because you don't get to see them everyday in SW Mo. Unlike the Yotes around here. It seems like everytime i come home from Duck hunting there's a yote 20 yards off the road playing with butterflies. Of course until your ready to go hunt them!!!!!!!!!!

Groundhogs and crows in the summer.
And the farmers love you for getting rid of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back