Spud guns anyone?

Wolferoxs

Well I dont know about you guys but I think that spudguns are one of the greast invetions known to man. I personally have about 8 of them ranging from a small air pistol to my biggest "bazooca" like combustion. Well anyways do any of you guys make or shoot potato guns?

Hey are some videos I made of a larger air cannon I have:

Sweet vids dude. Spud guns are sweet little toys. I sister's boyfriend has one, its a blast. Is yours homemade? If so, what do you use for the spark? I'm just curious. He used an old push starter from a grill, works like a charm.

Have you shot golf balls out of it yet.......... oooooo, man. Them things fly, but if you guna, shoot it somewhere where there is nothing for miles. I'm tellin ya, it zips far and fast. Have fun!!!!

B2BW

Sweet man. Im also into spud guns. Mines pneumatic with a sprinkler valve system. It will shoot a golfball easily 500 yards.

Are you a member of Spudfiles.com?

Looks like it would hurt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Haven't really been into spud guns. The only ones I saw were those little ones at the fair.

Yeah im at spud files. Im professoeramadeus. I used a sprinkler valve on that gun. I want to shoot golf balls but I cant find any SDR-21 (A certain type of pipe).The one time I did see it my parents wouldnt let me buy any. Another thing that shoots like golfballs but fit in a 1 1/4 in barrel and D cell batteries. Dang those fly far!

On the colgate can I shot some type of bolt at it.

The one that I used in the videos uses air pressure instead of hairspray other types of propelents. But on one of my guns I used a bbq igniter.

Last edited:
Have you ever made PVC missiles? There was a How-to on spudtech before it shutdown. Those are really really nice ammo.

Instructions(For a 2 inch barrel):
Take 1" pvc and cut it about 2 feet. Then heat up some cooking oil and place one end of the pvc into the oil about 2 inches in. When it gets good and soft, push it onto a funnel or light bulb so the end flares. Keep it there until it hardens a little bit so it keeps it shape. The diameter of the flare should be the size of the inside of the barrel so you dont have to use any wadding. Then put a cap on the non-flared end. I then put a screw through the cap and the pipe so the glue has something to hold on to. The glue is to weigh down the end(To balance it in flight). I used buckshot and glue mix and poured it in. The wieght of the end of mine is about 2-3 pounds. I had to drill little holes all over to help it dry. It takes a few days to dry even with holes to allow air flow. I then took duct tape and covered the holes. It is very easily seen in the air and flies a straight path. Though when it hits the earth it sinks into the ground a few inches, lol.

Me and my brother made a potato gun. But then we blew a hole throu the side of his fish house. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif
Luke

I only once got in trouble with a potato gun and thats when I shot a pear threw our fence. My dad looked like a mad cherry then.

Wow gonna have to get one of those things. My dad had one but sold it said me and my brothers are accidental enough so he wouldn't let us shoot it plus we was to small anyway. Sweet vids by the way

Back