turkey choke?

mrcoon

boy, let me start by telling you guys i have gained alot from you all. now my question is would i be ok to use the #4 buckshot(3") with a turkey choke? the patern would be alot better at longer shots, right? and i have blowing with the wind every time and i just never seem to call many yotes, should i try calling up wind? tell you my results saturday.

mrcoon,
I shoot Federal Premium 3" magnum 4 buckshot through my Benelli M1S90 camo 24" barrel topped off with a Kick's Gobblin Thunder .660 tube. I consistently get 10-11 pellets within an eight inch circle right on the dot at 50 yards. There are somewhere around 20-22 pellets within a 18" circle at that fifty yard range. I'd feel very confident shooting a coyote to 55-60 yards! And that's pretty far for a "scattergun!" You might review the discussion on the firearms board about shotguns, ect...

------------------
"Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it's always Right!"

mrcoon:stick with #4Buck and your tight choke,have always had excellent results with 4Buck in my Win.and a X-FULL choke at 50 yds.As for the WIND,try calling/facing quartering into the windfor better results,rember if WILEY gets down wind of you undetected,your already been "BUSTED"---

Back