TT - Custom Damascus Skinner - SOLD

TonyTebbe

Here is one of the best knives that I've built for skinning predators. It features a great custom built damascus blade, made of 100% USA steel from 1095 and 15N20 (1075 with 2% nickel). It's been heat treated to RC 56-57 and Mar Quenched for toughness and edge holding. This is some of the best damascus on the market.

The hidden tang knife features a buffalo horn bolster mated to an Axis deer antler that has been sanded and polished to an ivory like state. The detail drill work on it will give a great grip, when using to skin out your coyote or cat this winter. On sidee features a turquoise inlay howling coyote head. The other side has a turquoise inlay "TT". The turquoise is some that I picked up at the Globe hunt, two years ago.

This knife is just right for skinning. I've used scapels for years and wanted to create a knife with the same feel and functionality. The damascus blade is 1.75" and the overall length of the knife is 6.75". You can hold like a standard knife or like a pencil for detail.

It also features a custom built Kydex sheath. It is a belt clip design. It is custom formed for this knife only and will hold it like a vice, as it snaps into place.

SOLD

dm2knife1.jpg

dm2knife2.jpg

Sorry about the pictures, it was the only two I could get before the camera batteries ran out. (I have daughters that burn through batteries on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Thanks for looking...

Tony

Last edited:
Wow Tony, I wish i could say sold cause it would be coming this way, but being low on funds at the moment i better refrain or the wife would have the you know whats! great looking piece.
Aaron

Very cool Tony. I to am a scapel user. I was trained with them for cuttin on people but I perfer them for neck to the nose & toes on critters.

Man Tony that knife is a dandy.. I wished the timing was different and that gem. would be heading for Utah for sure.. The size of the blade is perfect for skinning yotes, And to top it all off its damascus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif Some one is going to be a happy camper with that one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Kerry

New lowered price on this piece. I've got a calling trip to Oklahoma coming up and products from my shop fund the addiction. Here's a chance at a great detail skinner at a really good price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tony

Tony,
Great Looking knife and at that price it shouldn't last long. I will pick one of these damascus knives up from you sometime. Thanks

Dave

Tony, I know season is close and time is short, but I am a patient man....Could you whip up something like the above knife with a full tang and slim micarta slabs, maybe in S30V 58-60RC? I think that would make an excellent caper.

I apoligize for getting off track in this thread...

Just PM me your contact information and we can discuss. I'm up to my ears in alligators with projects right now, but if you are patient, I think I can get something done.

Thanks...Tony

Back