anyone making elk calls?

cmiddleton

i haven't drawn my tag yet but i will find out around the 10th of july if i did.
i started getting custum calls just this year but was thinking about elk with the draw getting close.
my favorite elk cow call is a sleizy cow call made by barry game calls. i break two or three every season but they sure do work so i keep buying them.
has anyone seen these calls and would it be hard to make one on the same bite down out of something that wont stress and break.
i'd like to get some elk calls made from elk antler. i have found some elk sheds this year.
as far as a bugle i still like E.L.K. inc.s Original larynx bull call.
cow calls are easy on a open reed call too.
last year i used a cow calf open reed i can't remember who made it its two open reeds one longer then the other with a little bowl in the middle. its a primo's or knight and hail or something i can't remember. my son took that one it does great howls and he has been useing it all winter.
normally i'm thinking coyote calls but i'm getting ansi to find out if i drew. if i don't i'll get a general tag and go to hog park so its not like i wont be out there calling elk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Ty yote sent me one last week small antler open reed. very easy and sound's dang good. He work's at Botech i guess just about every one there has one. he hasnt sold a call yet here. give him a try and i'll send one of mine too free. he is good people. good luck. Rick

i talked to Ty on the phone and he has my call almost finished. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
he let me hear it and it sounds great. i can't wait to try it on a big bull it sure sounds like a sexy cow elk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I'm sure I'll get old grandaddy bull with it if i draw maybe I'll get on old Elvis from last year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

then to top it off this is post 1000. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
only took 5 1/2 years for me to get here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Last edited:
Back