In my mind's eye...

Joe Bradshaw

I am working on something I really think is neat....I should wait to show ya'll, but I am like a kid, and I can't :iroll:

I REALLY wish I had a nice piece of ebony for this one....but, alas, I am using a very nice piece of Tulip....

The call will be a closed reed configuration, utilizing a single brass reed, tuned the very best I can...

I have had this idea for some time now, but didn't want to spend the time....I have worked SEVERAL hours already on it, and am not close to finishing...bet here goes...

This call has an Indian Water Buffalo mouth, and the band is Elk Antler....the elk antler band was more difficult than I had imagined, but so far everything has gone together seamlessly....

100_4128.jpg

100_4130.jpg

100_4135.jpg

100_4137.jpg

I hope ya like it, I am tickled so far with it....hope to have a few hours more on it tomorrow afternoon...

Thanks for lookin'

Joe

Interesting concept, Joe. Will the buffalo horn be removable or are you gluing it in? I'm hoping you'll post some more pictures when you're done.

Mike

That'll be really sharp, Joe. I've seen quite a few antler bands on the better custom duck calls, that always caught my eye and made me thing....hmmmm..one of these rainy days.

It's looking sharp!

Tony

Can't wait for the end result Joe! Maybe one of these days I can score a call from ya. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm a nobody here, esp in the hand calls forum, but I do look frequently at all the calls and in my MOST HONEST OPINION you have become more than a call maker. Great work, you're leading the way.

Back