Predator Hunting Vest

bowhunt32

I see that Primos is making one in Mossy Oak Brush. I've thought for years that it would be a good thing to have one. Have any of you seen or have one of these and if so what do you think?

I would rather have one of the turkey hunting vests that has the built-in padded seat. You can buckle them after you sit down and they support your back when you lean up against them.

If I had my own "signature series" line, I'd definitely require them to have the seat, but then again everyone who looked at it or heard about it would say, "Who is Rusty Holt and what does he do?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Take care and God Bless,

Rusty

Rusty,

While I totally agree with you on the seat issue, I have to disagree with your last comment.

"Who is Rusty Holt and what does he do?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Are you kidding me!!?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I think it would be more like:

"Man that is Rusty from the Predator Pursuit Pro staff, what a cool guy!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

No matter what anyone says, you will always be somebody in my book. I am sure your mother has told you the same thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Funnin,

Todd

I've looked at the new Primos vest.
I do like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
The seat deal doesn't bother me, since I use a different style of seat anyway.
The thing that bothers, well not really "bothers", me is the price tag for the darn thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I think for $80, I'll just stick with my cargo pockets & caot pockets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I've been looking at purchasing a turkey vest also. Cabela's has a nice one, now I just have to build up my points. The built in seat kind of appeals to me. It will save me from having to pack the other turkey seat that I have. It's a little pricey too at $100.

I have used the Primos Predator Vest for about two months now and I would have to say for the way I hunt its pretty nice. I carry the following in the vest: Shooting sticks,gloves,headnet,ammo,rangefinder,compact binos,FoxproFX5 w/remote and camera. This leaves the water bottle pouch and two inside pockets empty and i could add more junk if needed to the outside pockets but have not found anything yet to add.The vest is very well made except the compass/thermometer does not seem too reliable. It does not have a cushioned seat just a drop down nylon pad to keep your rear dry but i carry my own stool anyway so that was fine with me.I wore it all day today in 80 degree temps and it was comfortable and breathes good.I tryed the turkey vest route and hated it,I went back to carrying everything in a fanny pack until I got this.

I tried an "Old School" turkey vest last year with the seat that just hangs down behind you. I didn't care for it a whole lot, and the cheap thing started coming apart right away so I took it back and deep sixed the idea of wearing a vest.
Several weeks ago, I was in the neighborhood of BPS so I stopped in to pick up some fishing stuff. I never can go in there without walking over to the hunting stuff. I started looking at a vest they had on sale and one the employees asked me if I'd seen their "turkey lounger". To make this long story a little shorter, it is the kind mentioned above that actually has a back support built in. It was last years camo and they had them on clearance for $39.99. I broke it in on a hunt with Yellowhammer a couple of weeks ago and I love it! Highly reccomend it.

Quote:
I tried an "Old School" turkey vest last year with the seat that just hangs down behind you. I didn't care for it a whole lot, and the cheap thing started coming apart right away so I took it back and deep sixed the idea of wearing a vest.
Several weeks ago, I was in the neighborhood of BPS so I stopped in to pick up some fishing stuff. I never can go in there without walking over to the hunting stuff. I started looking at a vest they had on sale and one the employees asked me if I'd seen their "turkey lounger". To make this long story a little shorter, it is the kind mentioned above that actually has a back support built in. It was last years camo and they had them on clearance for $39.99. I broke it in on a hunt with Yellowhammer a couple of weeks ago and I love it! Highly reccomend it.

+1 !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I got this same vest at the local BPS on sale for $39.00. I cannot say enough about how perfect it is for predator hunting. The built in seat is very comfortable. It enables you to set in areas where you may not have a suitable tree to lean up against. If you need to set in brush or tall grass, you can still remain comfortable and lean back with support. The pockets in this vest are perfect for calls and accessories that I carry hunting. When turkey season rolled around this spring, I unloaded it and transfered my turkey hunting supplies from my much more expensive Primos Gobbler vest. If Bass Pro has any more, pick one up. It is under the Redhead brand.

I have used the Cabelas Safari Vest for so long it is finally showing some serious wear. If it gets beyond use someday, I'll get another just like it.

Yes, I have a turkey vest, but it is too loose and sloppy for my everyday predator hunting.....

go to m2dcamo.com look at some of there vests there waterfowl vest works for a all around . it has a lot of pockets and lanyard loops i got one and done some mods and fixed it the way i wanted it

Back