Best size cage for bobcat?

I have trap a few cats years ago but never in a livetrap. I have seen them for sale @ trapping supply stores online but I have never used them.
Good Luck

i built a trap that opens 18 X 18 the trap is 4 foot long # of it is for the traped animal the last foot is sectioned off for live bait( a roster) because it has a built in call that doesnt stop and the noiser the bird the better

ks hunter,welcome to PredatorMasters.You don't have a picture of your trap you could post do you.How much do you think it cost you to build it?Once again,welcome aboard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.take care,daveyboy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Your best bet would be to buy Tom Krause newest bobcat trapping book. It has a chapter about cage trapping and list valuable info on cage size and styles. Great book for all apsects of cat trappin.

You want caging Cats???? Get a hold of Yancy on here, also he is on Trapperman.com, He makes and sells cages, he is by far the best cat cager I know....

I've always used a 10x10x30 trap for cats and coons. Cats don't seem to mind coming into them at all. I have done better with the smaller traps than I do with big ones.

I have a Havahart model 1045 and its 10"wide 12"tall and 36"long.It has worked ok but the two bobcats I caught this year were pretty small.Im gonna buy a bigger one pretty soon but I wont use it until next cat season since its almost over now.Do you guys think that a big cat would feel nervous about crawling into a trap this small?

Back