Laying out a crow wooping....(PICS)

FUD

Here is some of last weekends carnage...
untitled.jpg

crowhunt4.jpg

I think its 87 to be exact /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They whooped us in a contest with that count, my little batch of 6 crow never had a chance.
Great job again Team Flocker.

Vic

12 gauge semi's
2.75" Magnum Crow loads 7.5 shot
My friend shot a $hit load with his 20 gauge semi but he had to let them get real close. Sometimes not easy to do when there is snow on the ground. There was 87 crows in the picture. Killed almost every one in a flyway near a food source. It was super windy that weekend too. No wind, good conditions, and if everyone else was shooting better, we would have killed 200 crows for sure.

Awesome job there guys! Looks great. I see you have a mouth call on a lanyard. Did you use that or an e-caller. Some people do both, mix them in with each other. Thats why I'm asking. Nice job again!

I use a mouth call with an electronic caller with decoys where appropriate. That is a Browning Gold Hunter 3.5" with a full COMP-N-CHOKE. Gotta shoot a full for this time of year shots always tend to be a bit further and the loads I shoot are around 1585FPS I must use something that delays the wad so that my pattern doesnt go to $hit!

FUD,

That is an awesome job, you rock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

This is the last weekend for crow hunting this spring. Couldn't go out today but tomorrow I will be out there!

Again congrats on the crow wooping!

Last edited:
Awesome job! I can't wait to go out myself, but I like to go out in the spring when it's warm out and most of the snow is gone. I think I am going to pick up an e-caller soon, and possibly a few of those Greenhead Gear fully flocked decoys. I really prefer using a .22, though, I just like to sit in thick brush and call a few in so that they land on the treetops, and then silently stalk in for a shot. I find that I have alot more success with a shotgun, though!

BTW, keep those leftover goose and duck loads after the season, they work awesome on crows!

It's more fun than shooting your neighbor's cat! I grew up blasting the black bandits. Our best morning was around 50. Good job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif That's awsome! I have hunted them all my life and my best was 57. You sure must have a lot of crows, and also a good shot. They are not easy to bring down, lol.

Man that's a good outing! I know what you mean about shootin better, it seems like our pile of hulls is always bigger than our pile of crows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif But hey we didn't bring all those shells out there to take them back home again.

Rocky

Back