Nebraska crow regulations??

Husker98

A few of us are just getting into hunting crows. They seem to react so well to the FX-3, so we figured why not. What I can't figure out (from the NE game and parks website) is what kind of shot restrictions, amount of shells allowed in the gun, and baiting restrictions are there in the Cornhusker state.

Thanks.

From the NE Game & Parks Hunting Guide: "Crows may be hunted using any firearm or bow. Electronic calls can be used. A Nebraska Hunting Permit is required, a Habitat Stamp is not."

Doesn't appear to be any shot restrictions (like turkey) or # of shell restrictions (like migratory). Not sure about baiting, but a crow is considered a game bird since it does have a season (although it doesn't follow the same firearm restrictions) and the Hunting Guide does say: "It is unlawful to hunt or take any game birds by baiting or attracting them to the place where hunted by distribution of grain or other feeds. Federal regulations consider an area baited for 10 days after bait is removed."...I don't really see any point in baiting crows, if they're in the area they should come, if they're not in the area, then you've done your job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Went out today with the .17 Mach IV, called in four in two sets, all in shotgun range, couldn't get any of them to land...Guess I'll just have to drag the shotgun along next time for a little revenge! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks. That's all I could find as well. You're right. We really don't need to bait. A few decoys and a call seems to be doing just fine. Good luck next time.

Back