JP enterprises Muzzle brake....

d2admin

Administrator
Anybody here got any first hand experience using one of these ? I read "the brochure" on the web page but Id like an unbiased opinion from the real world as to whether they are as effective as claimed and how big of an increase in muzzle blast has been experienced.... Im considering putting one on my AR 16"...

Thank you kindly !

Robb

------------------
"Happiness... is a Target-Rich Environment"

paws2.gif

I have one and it works real well but it is alittle more noise but not bad.
I am thinking about putting one on my bolt action.
It is however a little bigger then normal.

I hate all muzzle brakes.
Unless you use an active noise cancelling headset, you can not use them for hunting. That is assuming you don't want permanent hearing loss from 1 or 2 shots.

They are illegal in almost all competition.

That said, for a 50BMG rifle they are a necessity, and can be extremely effective. But you better wear plugs and muffs. And realize, if on a range, you will clear the benches to left and right of you.

On a prairie dog shoot with a smaller rifle, they can be nice, as long as everybody in the party is expectig them.

Robb
I have had experience with the JP muzzle brake. It works pretty good-but I would suggest the Smith muzzle brake. I have put 3 on for my friends so far, not including my own Bushmaster.
The JP keeps your gun flat, but is very loud. With the Smith brake, your gun dosen't move, plus the blast is alot less than the JP. It seems to divert gases in alot of different directions, than in just 4.
I use the Bushmaster for rabbit hunting a lot, and you can tell the difference right away. As for sound, its no louder than a 22-250.
I wish you lived closer. I would let you judge for yourself. JP triggers and hammers are in my AR's and I think they are the best. But as far as muzzle brakes go, I would go with the Smith. MP

------------------
yotewalk.gif
http://www.predatormasters.com

Back