shooting sticks?

Sharps Shooter

For a newby, what sort of "bipod" or rest would you suggest. I don't have sling swivels in a conventional sense, so I have to use shooting stix or the like.

Thanks in advance,

------------------
Regards,

Sharps Shooter.

'74 Sharps... when you care enough to use the very best.

I have some shooting sticks made by Stoney Point and I like them for places where shots can be long. You can also make some out of dowel rods.

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Sharps Shooter,
Buy yourself two of those cheap wooden dowel rods about 1/2" diameter. Also buy a stove bolt long enough to reach through both rods. A bolt of about 1&1/2" length would do it. Also pick up a couple of washers and a wing nut that will fit the bolt. When you get home, drill a hole about six inches from one end of the dowels. Run the bolt through one dowel, place a washer over that bolt, stick other dowel on there, install second washer, screw the wing nut on and you are almost done. Determine best length for your new bipod by resting your rifle across the V which is formed when you spread the legs out. I do most of my calling from sitting on the ground so my bipod is only about 36" long. I did end up adding a couple of wood screws to bottom of the bipod legs and allowing the heads of these screws to stick out a little ways. The screw heads dig in to the ground a little and keep my bipod from slipping around. Clear as mud?
smile.gif

------------------
pmcatsig.GIF

[This message has been edited by Rich Cronk (edited 06-02-2001).]

Make a set, like Rich said, and try them out, some people like them some don't, years back I made some, and in some places I love them, in some, I din't, but now I carry a set of stoney point,stxII, that fold and are light, and now I carry them on my belt, just for when the need arises.

Back