Is a SIG any good?

andrew

I was at a local gun shop today pricing out a Win M70 Featherweight and was quoted over $700.00 just for the rifle, no rings or a base(yeah right!) and the guy behind the counter suggested I get the SIG they had on the shelf. He said he had one and it was a real "shooter" and that it could swap barrels and shoot .270, .280, .308, 25/06, and 30/06 simply by changing the barrels. I wasnt too crazy about this rifle since the black synthetic stock felt to much like plastic. I was just wondering if this was a good rifle for under $700.00 with a Leupold Vari-XII 3x9?

Andrew,
We have a dealer or two like that around here too. Their main interest seems to be in my wallet.
smile.gif

Andrew,
I know a little about the SIG you are speaking of. The main reason for rifles such as this has to do with European hunting. They are not really geared to the Amercian hunter. See, in some European countries, you can only own one "rifle", meaning the registered receiver. So the manufacturers get around this by making "switch barrel" rifles in a variety of calibers.

BUT a switch barrel rifle of this type is not true economy over here. For 700 bucks you get one caliber. For the same money, and a little shopping around, you could easily find two Rem 700's, Savage 11x series rifles that will shoot just as good if not better. So that is two for the price of one and you have not even bought your second barrel yet.

------------------
Safety,Ethics, Accuracy, Velocity, Energy-I am On the Way to the Arizona Predator Hunt!!!!!!

Back