Timney triggers

hunter3109

Has any one had any experience installing a Timney trigger on a Ruger M77 Mark II. How about some of the others also offered, such as Spec-Tech, etc.?
Tom

Yes, I replaced the trigger on my Ruger M77 MKII with a timney. It's fairly simple but you will have to file a little on the new trigger to get the safety to work. The new trigger is crisp and light. Perfect!!

Daryl is right on! Go for it! As he said, you do have to hone the safety stop, but you can do it be taking it slow and easy.

Yep that is how it is done. I put one on a KM77RP MKII in .223 for my Son-in-Law. Result, one sweet trigger. In addition to the fitting of the safety already mentioned, there is also a tiny bit of stock material that had to be removed to allow room for the overtravel adjustment on the Timney Trigger. This too was quite easy.

However the exsisting trigger can also be tuned to be super. I have tuned about a hald dozen of the Ruger Triggers, and the exsisting trigger can be made super crisp, and safe at down to 2 pounds or so. The instructions are listed on another web-site (complete with drawings to show the amount of engagement required), and if you need the address to take a look see, shoot me an e-mail.

Larry

I have a Timmny on a Sako and its a very nice trigger. On the other hand a trigger job on my M77 resulted in a excellent trigger.

Back