Savage 110FP tactical 25-06

songdogger

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this or similar model. I figure it will need trigger work, but I can probably get it pretty cheap. If so I would have it AI'd. Does it sound like a shooter?

------------------
B.Pierce

I have a Savage 110 25-06 with a synthetic stock and really enjoy it,I did a trigger job on it myself with instructions I found on the net.It's really easy but only safe at about 3.5 lbs or more.I use it for predators and deer.I have found that it likes winchester 85grain balistic tips.And shoots pretty good groups.I had a few problems with it when I tried to change loads.(see NEED HELP MY GUNS NOT SHOOTING RIGHT)but I got that figured out and really like it.

Later,
Justin

JBrad, It was strange seeing your name on the board because my first initial is J and middle name is Bradley. I thought when the hell did I post that?! Thanks for the info. I haven't made up my mind yet, but it will be soon. I reload so I can cook up some shooters.

------------------
B.Pierce

Got it today. Waiting for base and rings. Heavy barrel 110FP. I hope it shoots. I worked on the trigger, but it's still junk. I'll get a new one pretty quick, unless I can shoot it well with the factory.

------------------
B.Pierce

Sounds like you'll soon be shooting coyotes in fort worth from your house with that setup. Just give me some warning first
wink.gif

Sniper 1020,
Me and Songdogger have been trying to shoot coyotes in Ft. Worth from Mineral Wells for awhile now..They just keep a little out of range for us..We haven't got that arch your shot down to a science yet!ha!ha! We gonna try it in the morning though..I've got a neighbor having some problems with coyotes coming up to the back of his house trying to get his German Shepard in heat to come out and play and they are loosing a little sleep..We will let ya'll know how we do soon!!

------------------
Bus-Bus

sniper1020,
Just shoot straight and true and we will move out of your way.. Songdogger and I went this morning..but dry run, unless you count mosquito's and web worms!!

------------------
Bus-Bus

Songdogger. . .

I've seen a lot of them heavy barrled Savages and own one or two myself.

Everyone that I've seen thus far are red hot shooters. Course working that pig of a trigger over is a must, but I don't think you'll be disappointed with your choice.

Have fun with your new toy...
wink.gif

------------------
yotewalk.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

Just got it sighted in. Inch and a half high at 100 should do for now. No homebrews, yet. These are winchester supreme 85 gr BT's. About an inch with the bad trigger. Fixing to go hunt again and see if I can whack one way out there.

------------------
B.Pierce

Well, I don't think 225 is way out there, but that's where one dumb dog met his fate tonight. This is the same place that I first hunted with the new .243 and killed one with the first shot(besides paper). Now the first shot with 25-06 is lethal also.
Bus-Bus called him in but he spooked and ran. I lipsqueaked, he stopped. Stupid coyote. Anyway, just thought I'd let ya' know I broke another gun in right.

------------------
B.Pierce

Just for the record guys I didn't spook the coyote Songdogger shot tonight. I new what he meant when he said,"Spooked",but for you that may think I spooked him, you now stand corrected..I never saw the coyote..My glasses were fogged up and I couldn't see a damn thing, But I kept calling anyway!! I guess that is what they mean by calling blind!! Anyway..Songdogger made a good shot in very low light @ 225yds and there is another picture for the scrap book..'til next time!!

------------------
Bus-Bus

Well songdogger glad to hear you like you gun.But you know it just fair.I can't get a good shot at all them coyotes ya'll are killin from way up here in Van Alstyne.Ya'll are gonna have to invite me out there sometime.

Later,
Justin

------------------

predatorlogo3jpg.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

I just wish we had some good public land so we could have a big get together around here. We'll see what we can do, though.

------------------
B.Pierce

I'll see what I can find out. You know how crotchety ranchers can be and how little public land there is around here. Maybe we can find some good land up in the LBJ Grasslands or something.

------------------
B.Pierce

Back