CCI re-releases .17 HMR tnt explosive tipped ammo!!!!!

dkaulfers

So i was watching the outdoor channel and saw a cci commercial introducing the re-release of explosive .17 hmr ammo. This past sunday me and my friend went to cabelas in reading PA and i picked up a few boxes. I have yet to try it out but i cant wait. Dont get confused with CCI .17 tnt ammo which is simply hollowpoints. This say right on the box 17 hmr tnt explosive. It shows a picture of a little firecracker which is cool.

a little picture of a firecrackeris not the same as the explosives plaquerd required on all true explosives.

But I am intrested in the performance of the new stuff.

The TNT bullets are very fragile and they perform "explosively" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

They are not new, I was shooting them last year.

I hope they are more reliable than the "original" TNT's from a few years ago. I had terrible luck on groundhogs out to 125yds with them. Mos t crawled or even ran to the hole. I wasn't happy. I went back to the V-Max which diodn't impress me a whole lot until the 20gr XTP's came out. Those are the ticket out of my Marlin on head shots. JMObservations.

So whats the difference between cci tnt's and cci tnt explosives? They were next to eachother on the shelf. I know the tnt's are just hollow points. So if the tnt explosive arent exactly explosive then what are they?

Both loads are the same thing. It is not explosive. 'Explosive bullet performance' is an expression for bullets that are frangible or completely break up. CCI has a new marketing campaign using cartoon depictions. Basicly the difference is the labels.

Back